From theory to practice - page 1254

apr73:

Renat you wrote:

Renat Akhtyamov2019.02.10 19:17#9407RU

I had one TS for martin work.

It was a very simple assumption - the price goes along the parabola along the upper dome and then along the lower one.

I got good results with it.

I have to solve a quadratic equation. It gives me a wrong forecast, i.e. no existing solution.

If you can elaborate, I can't understand the quadratic equation.

agree

We can't let a system like this fall into oblivion

For starters, look at the wiki:

i.e. when D<0 - prediction will not be correct, D>0 - two predictions, also not suitable. Only D=0 is of interest!

Next, to find the coefficients of the equation, look:

To build a parabola we need extrema above and below the current price

For clarity, I copied the parabola gif from the wiki.

I don't remember anything else yet (the EA has been destroyed because the hard disk it was on broke).

All I can remember so far is that I was taking extremes from MN1, I think for the last quarter.

I'll remember what I did next - I'll write if you don't get it on your own.

But I could be dead wrong here. I need to digest it all again.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I'll remember what I did next and I'll write.

Thank you very much.

apr73:

Thank you very much.

In green I highlighted the most important things. The rest may be off-topic. You need to substitute D=0 in the formulas. I can't remember what it says right now.

I'm starting to remember...

D>0 - two price forecasts. Negative one is discarded.

D<0 - do not count.

D=0 - I do not remember how I did it.

You may finish it in general.

I'm out on a small grid step (10 pips in my opinion, greed). Do not make less than 40 points of 4-digit against the price in the direction of the resulting forecast.

How I traded using this system, you can see in the forecasts branch, at a glance 2014, summer-autumn I think.

multiplicator:

Maybe Yuriy Asaulenko is a scalper and trades within the spread.

No, not a scalper, but nevertheless elements of scalping are an integral part of the strategy.

Let's say we go fishing. Of course we want to catch big fish, and lots of them. But it's just a dream, we don't even know if anything will bite today. And while we're waiting for the big fish, it wouldn't be right to throw away the small fish we catch. And a big one - it's a question of whether there will be any at all).

Renat Akhtyamov:

I flew out on a small grid step (10 pips I think, greed). Make at least 40 pips of a 4-digit price against the resulting forecast price.

How I traded on this system, you can see in the forecasts, at a glance 2014, summer-fall I think.

The step of grid is not very simple there, you should experiment and investigate. There is a step through the coefficient, there is a dynamic step, etc.

I am very grateful to you for your detailed reply.

apr73:

The grid spacing is not straightforward either, you have to experiment and investigate. There is a step through factor, there is a dynamic step, etc.

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Just remembered

Martini starts when there is a hit on the forecast

I got up to 10 orders with 30 pips step

At the forecast price (peak of the parabola) the first order is opened and the previous orders are closed.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/37348/page88#comment_1160026

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/37348/page304#comment_1199445

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/37348/page259#comment_1195812

FOREX - Тенденции, прогнозы и следствия
FOREX - Тенденции, прогнозы и следствия
  • www.mql5.com
FOREX - Тенденции, прогнозы и следствия.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

No, not a scalper, but nevertheless elements of scalping are an integral part of the strategy.

Let's say we go fishing. Of course we want to catch big fish, and lots of them. But it's just a dream, we don't even know if anything will bite today. And while we're waiting for the big fish, it wouldn't be right to throw away the small fish we catch. And a big one, it's even a question of whether there will be one at all).

Or you catch one, you catch one. Snap, like a bite of some small fish... What's the point of dragging it, you sit and wait... Then bang it grows up to a huge fish, then you haul it away -))))) Or it grows up and starts pulling the fisherman into the hole)))))) Along with the cage and all the bycatch))))

Yuriy Asaulenko:
And not a single, even poor, confirmation of the exclusivity of the three. Only statements - we are very cool.

On a dull winter roada greyhound troika runs .

(Pushkin),

)))

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It's not right to throw away the small fish that are caught.

Then where will the big fish come from? No! You're a lousy fisherman.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Then where will the big fish come from? No! You're a lousy fisherman.

Do you only have bait for big fish, or is it a net with large meshes?)

Small ones won't hurt, you can feed the cat.)

Reason: