From theory to practice - page 1125

Кеша Рутов:

I wouldn't say you are a strong player, or have any idea how they operate in the market.

Some can only look at the chart and some can read it.

I do not see anyone on this forum, except for a few people who know how to read a chart.

I have come to this forum to gain experience in programming. Somehow I got stuck here for a long time. It turned out to be a very interesting contingent.

О! I know what everyone hasn't seen yet.

Bang:

On the left is this week's GBPUSD. On the left are the time intervals between the conditional ticks. Not a histogram, just a compressed chart. Beautiful, isn't it? That's where the coveted Grail hides...

Alexander_K:

On the left are the time intervals between the conditional ticks. Not a bar graph, just a compressed graph. Beautiful, isn't it? That's where the coveted Grail hides...

Why is it so surprising? There are few trades at night, the intervals are longer. By day, during active hours - less. It's been said a thousand times already.

Alexander_K:

Bang:

On the left is this week's GBPUSD. On the left are the time intervals between the conditional ticks. Not a histogram, just a compressed chart. Beautiful, isn't it? The coveted Grail is hidden there...

And somehow I think the volatility is sitting there showing the grail to everyone :-)

So, yes, judging by the intervals, their behavior, you can determine that something is happening in the market... but it may be up or down, or may be in another instrument, but it's a "safe haven". Or maybe another "source of liquidity" has been connected/disconnected

secret:

What's so surprising about that? There is little trading at night, the intervals are longer. In the daytime, during active hours, less. It's been said a thousand times already.

They were talking about tick volumes, but there is a direct correlation. But no one showed time intervals, so no one works with them. :)))

I've often heard on the forum - this is how to account for tick volumes in TS? Yes, you just have to take into account the time intervals between ticks!!! And I'm already doing it. And we'll see the result at the end of the week.

Alexander_K:

There was talk about tick volumes, although there is a direct correlation. But no one showed time intervals, so no one works with them. :)))

It's just that there are no scalpers/pipsmen in this thread. Not to take their high rank as a reproach (since everyone has become so touchy)

They just take into account tick volumes, intervals and their changes and fluctuations to the 3rd derivative at least.

You should have a separate thread to ask about them in detail.

Alexander_K:

There was talk about tick volumes, although there is a direct correlation. But no one showed time intervals, so no one works with them. :)))

I tried to emulate the volume somehow. Took the sum of squares (H-L) of minutes. It looks more like the real ones, but I couldn't find any money there)

What can be dug out in the tick volume if there are plus ticks from opening and closing orders.

Someone opened and someone closed at a certain moment, and the price may stay in place or rise or fall, depending on the skew of real volumes.

There are no real volumes - we just sit tight))

P.s.

Example:

Price rises to a certain level. Everyone starts to close positions. Tick volume begins to grow intensively.

Where will price go next?

Uladzimir Izerski:

What can be dug out in the tick volume if there are plus ticks from opening and closing orders.

Someone opened and someone closed at a certain moment, and the price may stay in place or rise or fall, depending on the skew of real volumes.

There are no real volumes - we just sit tight))

P.s.

Example:

Price rises to a certain level. Everyone starts to close positions. Tick volume begins to grow intensively.

Where will the price go next?

You can get something out of the tick volumes on the real ones. On forex, it is almost useless.

Reason: