From theory to practice - page 1127

does the author of the picture with a 7% gain and a 6% drawdown have stoploops? - (stoplosses at 1000 pips do not count)

no stoplosses - no TS

as the proverb says: "If you sit long enough on the riverbank, you may see the corpse of your enemy floating by.

But as practice shows everything always ends with margin call, it is only a matter of time, you should have opened with smaller lot afterwards, and you could have refilled your deposit...

))))

Alexander_K:

I don't think so. It would be a definite plus. But what is it?! Intrigue.

You should race with Mr. Sultonov. He has a grail on the slipway too :-)

calculate the martingale and open an account (pam/sig).

you don't care, and we can bet :-)

And make some kind of secondary market. Buy/sell previous bets. A_K futures with one month expiry.

Igor Makanu:

But as practice shows - usuallyeverything always ends with a margin call, a matter of course of time, then you had to open with a smaller lot to console yourself, and you could refill the deposit...

))))

Everything always ends with a stop-out. The question is whether the owner has time to cover and by how much. As long as he has time to withdraw thick cream, it is all the same whether he has stops or not, whether he uses grids, pyramids or martin. There is only one objective factor - "took the dough".

Alexander_K:

I don't think so. It would be a definite plus. But what is it?! Intrigue.

How do you know?

there's no upside or downside, there's the present.

No more than that.

Martin Cheguevara:

how do you know?

there is no upside or downside - there is the present.

no more than that.

(chuckles)) There is no present. There's the past and the future.

However, I will not argue.

I once again suggest that desperate Grail seekers publish examples of their deals here, with a theoretical substantiation of why it happened this way and not that way.

That would be much more interesting than now.

Alexander_K:

(Gah :))) There is no present. There is a past and a future.

Once again I suggest that desperate Grail seekers publish here examples of their deals with a theoretical reasoning - why it happened this way and not that way.

It is unlikely that publishing individual deals will be of any help to anyone, because we are running out of grids.

This is a demo on vds, the same period (it's the beginning of the year), counter-trend, overbought/oversold limit grids.

ok, that's about how the trades turn out :

The principle is quite simple - we have a rangewise market, i.e. prices follow easy-to-define channels
and the role of the trader (robo-owner, Senor Alvarez) is to check the rebounds against other pairs and fundamentals.

Alexander_K:

(Gah :))) There is no present. There is a past and a future.

Once again I suggest that desperate Grail seekers publish here examples of their deals with a theoretical justification - why it happened this way and not that way.

How I envy your enthusiasm... honestly...

i wish i had some of that enthusiasm right now...

Maxim Kuznetsov:

It is unlikely that publishing individual trades will help anyone, because grids are being tested.

This is a demo on vds, same period (it's the beginning of the year), counter-trend, overbought/oversold limit grids.

ok, that's about how the trades turn out :

The principle is pretty simple - we have a rangy market here, i.e. prices walk in uncomplicated channels
and the trader's (robot-owner, Señor Alvarez) role is to check the rebound against other pairs and fundamentals.

For some reason everyone is sure they have the Grail in their hands and are afraid to even say a word of his theory... :))

If the topic is to analyse one (1) of your own unsuccessful transaction, would that not work either?

I just want to know if there are real theorists on this forum or everyone just hopes for chance? Well, don't create a poll, really...

Martin Cheguevara:

how I envy your enthusiasm... honestly...

I wish I had some of that enthusiasm right now...

Don't worry, Comrade Che. You sang under the bullets of Bolivian traitors!

If I find the Grail, I'll share it with you.

Alexander_K:

For some reason, everyone is sure that they have the Grail in their hands and are afraid to even say a word of his theory... :))

If you define the theme - to analyze 1 (one) of your unsuccessful the analysis of 1 (one) own deal, will it work too?

I just want to know if there are real theorists on this forum or everyone just hopes for chance? Well, it's not a poll, really...

There's a mass of either practitioners or dreamers. Theorists are probably 3, you're one of them :-)

I don't have a grail. Moreover, I do not aspire to it.

By the way, a question for you as a theorist - how do you analyse the 1st trade ?

Reason: