From theory to practice - page 473

Evgeniy Chumakov:

A couple of pictures of two different pairs from yesterday.

The red and green parallel lines are the dispersion channel. Only I have it straight as a pipe, I mean fixed.

The problem is that the dominant view on the forum is that currency pairs are in a constant trend. 5 years ago it was considered that the market was in a constant flat.

the interesting thing is that the eu is less volatile now than 5 years ago ))))

I look at the market within the day - there is always a sideways trend, then news - a new level and again a sideways trend, in general, the market trend depends on the point of view.

Igor Makanu:

try drawing your graphs relative to the start of the day

How do you define this relativity? I don't get it.

Here's some more statistics on angles of incidence. Now how do I work it. What do I start from?

Evgeniy Chumakov:

How do you define this relativity? I don't get it.

Opening price is the beginning of the day, relative to this price and try to build your charts, I am trying to study such a chart in logarithmic scale, there is a big coincidence of levels where price changes its direction within the day, news does not count

Evgeny Chumakov:I have collected statistics on angle of incidence, now how to process it.

I will not say anything about ZigZag, here it is impulses and waves - as far as I understand, a sharp break of ZZ is an impulse, although I would call it by its name - it is a large volume in the market

Igor Makanu:

there is a big overlap of levels where price changes its direction intraday, news does not count

I have found time to look at price charts in respect to the day, week and month beginning, the price moves by the breakdown- level model, it is clear that it depends on the view point, let it be so for now, so there is a maximum price movement in one direction per day, per week, per month

i.e. although the price may shoot at the news, but there is a maximum at EuR that is 100 points, then it may creep up to 120 points after the pullback, in the nearest history there were several times when the price went through 150 points and once - through 200 points

on the weekly charts usually it is this big intraday movement that determines the high/low bar, and so the weekly bars are sideways most of the time

If you try to make a mathematical formula for describing price setting processes, you should set boundary conditions, i.e. limits that are limited by statistical observations

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HeavisideStepFunction.html

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/TriangleFunction.html

Heaviside Step Function -- from Wolfram MathWorld
  • mathworld.wolfram.com
The Heaviside step function is a mathematical function denoted , or sometimes or (Abramowitz and Stegun 1972, p. 1020), and also known as the "unit step function." The term "Heaviside step function" and its symbol can represent either a piecewise constant function or a generalized function. (Abramowitz and Stegun 1972, p. 1020; Bracewell 2000...

Here's how I used to calculate a "price speed" type of calculation.

We set an amplitude range of say 500 pips, determine the period, i.e. count how many M1 bars fall within this limit, then shift by a bar and again the same way.

So basically the price moves within this range, period slows down by 1 minute on every bar. And then the price sets new levels by a sharp spike and period increases smoothly by 1 minute on every bar again.

Sounds like something is building up and then there is an explosion.

:) probably, the price accumulates open positions, and then flies towards the stops, where there are more of them by volume. p.s. Just kidding! Or maybe not.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

:) the price probably accumulates open positions, and then flies towards the stops, where there are more of them by volume. p.s. Just kidding! Or maybe not.

Maybe not. But the market does not need your stops.

i.e. the market is always accumulating and it is not the stops that are of interest to the market but the next order, if there is a large order the market will gather liquidity to "take" the money to that large order, approximately so in theory.

i keep forgetting to read the algorithms of aggregation of orders athttp://orderflowtrading.ru/torgovlya-na-birzhe/svedenie-orderov-na-birzhe/

ZS: a long time ago when there were no users on the forex, forex was just an interbank currency exchange with real delivery of currency, but then the users appeared at the PC and the whole market started chasing their stops! )))

Evgeniy Chumakov:

So basically the price hangs around inside a given range, the period on each bar slows down by 1 minute. And then the price sets new levels by a sharp spike and again the period smoothly increases by 1 minute on each bar.

So you've found the quote algorithm of the market maker, I've shown a video of a pendulum in the modeling where the principle is exactly the same

Here it is, such a mathematical model of the market, what you see intraday

Механика рынка: Что нужно знать новичку о сведении ордеров
Механика рынка: Что нужно знать новичку о сведении ордеров
  • ATAS Team
  • orderflowtrading.ru
Для того чтобы понять механизм, приводящий цену в движение, необходимо разобраться, какое взаимодействие происходит между лимитными приказами с одной стороны и рыночными – с другой. Потоком ордеров как раз и называют это взаимодействие. Текущая цена – это последняя цена, по которой торгуется инструмент. Последняя сделка могла пройти как по...

Igor Makanu:

the market does not need your stops, stop repeating after the others

Yes, the accumulation is always there and it is not the stops that interest the market, but the next order, if there is a large order, then the market will gather the liquidity to "take" the money to that large order, approximately so in theory, in practice the large orders are split into an iceberg of small ones, but the goal is to gather the smaller orders and bring them together with the large

i keep forgetting to read the algorithms of aggregation of orders athttp://orderflowtrading.ru/torgovlya-na-birzhe/svedenie-orderov-na-birzhe/

SZZY: a long time ago, before there were no users on forex, forex was just an interbank currency exchange with real delivery of currency, but then the users appeared at the PC and the whole market started chasing their stops! )))

So you've found the quoting algorithm of the market maker, I've shown a video of a pendulum in the simulation somewhere and it's exactly the same principle there

So stops are liquidity. If no one wants to sell, then you have to come and get it, otherwise there will be no goods.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

So stops are what liquidity is all about. If no one wants to sell, then you have to come and get it, otherwise there will be no goods.

If the price went down from above and gained 100 lots to buy and 100 lots to sell, if an order appears even 10 lots above (under) the current level (the levels are suspected to be several pips - need to analyze, but it is not the point), then the price will go to these 10 lots and it could not care who had take-ins, stops, profit, loss... The price will simply go to these 10 lots, because the request must be completed, and then they will decide who has what orders left in the market. And then, after the counting of current orders, there will be a new level in the market and the price will go up and down again and again catch more orders.... and so on until there is a smart guy who can see a chart of volumes and yank the market in his direction with orders

that's the philosophy ))))

Reason: