file path of experts

Hi ! im developing a installer for my Eas and indicators to put directly on mt4 folder, is there anyway to recognize if i have to put that files on C:/Program Files/metatrader4/mql4/experts o in the user folder?

Asi you told me depends of the terminal if its opened in portable version or not but is there any common directory that works always? or a way to know the right path?.

Thank you

Open Data Folder.

ubzen:

Open Data Folder.

yes, i know the manual way.... but is there any other way to automatize the recognition or to know the pattern why in some terminals is in MT4 folder and in other in user path? why is different in some computers from others?depends of win version? or what?

reivaj117:

yes, i know the manual way.... but is there any other way to automatize the recognition or to know the pattern why in some terminals is in MT4 folder and in other in user path? why is different in some computers from others?depends of win version? or what?

Use those commands to get Data-Path and Common-Path Coding.

ubzen:

Use those commands to get Data-Path and Common-Path Problematically.

I think he wants a way to get it from Windows not from MT4/mql4 . . . maybe like an Environment variable.

RaptorUK: I think he wants a way to get it from Windows not from MT4/mql4 . . . maybe like an Environment variable.
That would be outside my scope of support .

ubzen:
That would be outside my scope of support .

Me too . . . maybe there is a registry entry that could be read, I'll take a look later, need to go shopping, tomorrow is the 14th Feb

RaptorUK: Me too . . . maybe there is a registry entry that could be read, I'll take a look later, need to go shopping, tomorrow is the 14th Feb

Candy is very cheap the day after. Kidding already done mines.

Go have your fun buddy ... Don't break a hip.

thnk you guys i was hoping something outside of mql4 yes!

reivaj117:
thnk you guys i was hoping something outside of mql4 yes!
Sorry can't find it written to the registry at install time. I have another idea though . . .

reivaj117:

Hi ! im developing a installer for my Eas and indicators to put directly on mt4 folder, is there anyway to recognize if i have to put that files on C:/Program Files/metatrader4/mql4/experts o in the user folder?

Asi you told me depends of the terminal if its opened in portable version or not but is there any common directory that works always? or a way to know the right path?.

Thank you

Reported to ServiceDesk. Wait for a reply.
Reason: