Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1143

Маргарита Королёва:

My heart feels that there's still a catch...

I downloaded MT5, opened a demo account with my broker, but the vendor stated:"The MetaTrader 5 multimarket platform has a hedging system for order bookings, which allows opening several trades for each instrument, including multidirectional trades. "I cannot confirm it yet :(

Maybe, there is something I have not done? Then what to do next - to enable some option directly somewhere in MT5? Or it is solely the broker's power and the question should be solved with him?

When opening an account in MetaTrader 5 be careful with this step:

To open a demo account with hedging, enable the appropriate option:

Opening a demo account with hedging

- It is obligatory to tick the "Use hedging when trading" box (if it is not checked).

Article:MetaTrader 5 adds hedging system for position accounting

Hedge accounting system added to MetaTrader 5 The MetaTrader 5 platform was originally created for stock trading with. netting of positions. With netting accounting, you can only have one position for one financial instrument, so all further transactions in that instrument lead to a change in volume, closing or reversal of an existing position. To extend the opportunities for retail traders, a second accounting system, hedging, has been added to the platform. You can now have multiple positions on an instrument, including multidirectional positions. It allows implementing trading strategies with so-called locking: if the price goes against the trader, he has an opportunity to open a position in the opposite direction. The new accounting system is similar to the one used in MetaTrader 4. MetaTrader 4, it will be familiar to traders. At the same time, they will be able to use all the advantages of the fifth version of the platform - multi-order execution (including - partial), multicurrency multithreaded tester with support of the MQL5 Cloud Network and...
Articles | 2016.03.21 13:01 |MetaQuotes Software Corp.| Trading | MetaTrader 5

Vladimir Karputov:

When opening an account in MetaTrader 5, be careful at this step:

To open a demo account with hedging, enable the appropriate option:

- be sure to check (if not checked) "Use hedging when trading".

Vladimir, the subtlety (or just the catch) is that I can only open an account with my broker on the website via my personal account. When I enter my login and password to connect to MT5, the "Use Hedging to Trade" option is not available :( I searched for the checkbox in terminal settings and did not find it :( That's it... I'm a bit shaken up... I don't know what to do next :(

I'll check the terminal again and see if I can convince and persuade him :) If not, then I will try to ask for support from the broker. But I feel (of course I could be wrong) that for hedging purposes I will be offered to use MT4 platform...

О! Yeah, yeah, yeah! :) That's right - I looked at the article "MetaTrader 5 adds hedge accounting system for positions" and saw: "To open a real account with hedging, contact your broker." :)

Маргарита Королёва:

Vladimir, the subtlety (or just the catch) is that I can only open an account with my broker on the website through my personal account. When I enter my username and password in MT5 to connect to the account, the "Use hedging when trading" option is no longer available :( I looked for the checkbox in the terminal settings and did not find it :( That's it... I'm really shaken up... I don't know what to do next :(

I'll check the terminal again and see if I can convince and persuade him :) If not, then I will try to ask the broker for support. But I anticipate (of course I could be wrong) that for hedging purposes, I will be suggested to use MT4 platform...

Run away from such a "broker". As soon as possible. And tell your friends. If an organisation doesn't have MetaTrader 5 with a hedge - then this is not a broker - it's a kitchen.

Vladimir Karputov:

Run away from such a "broker". As soon as possible. Tell your friends too. If an organisation doesn't have MetaTrader 5 with a hedge, then it's not a broker - it's a kitchen.
Vladimir, thanks for the warning. Once again, this was justmy suggestion, made at a "psychologically difficult moment" :) A hunch, which I'm most likely wrong about. I admit that I have very little experience andhave not yet had to "eat a pudding of salt"with my broker (I will not voice it and swear" eternal love" ), but I think he is not" kitchenier"thaneveryone else :) I will get in touch with the broker shortly and clarify all points regarding hedging. I am sure the result will be more than positive :) I will let you know when everything is settled :)

Hello! Please help me unzip the ex4 file. Thanks in advance.

leonid.arkhipov:
Hi! Please help me unzip the eq4 file. Thank you for

You've got to be kidding me

You can unpack .mq4(5), but not .ex4(5)

Маргарита Королёва:

I will get in touch with the broker in the near future and clarify all points regarding hedging. I am sure the result will be more than positive :) I will let you know when everything is settled.)

The official reply of my broker (excerpt):

"Our regulatory documents stipulate that we provide only the MT4 trading terminal for trading with hedge accounting and multi-directional trades."

So... A catch is a catch... I'm upset again :(

...I'd better go with my girlfriends to a striptease, my relationship with forex is not going well lately:(

Маргарита Королёва:

My broker's official response (extract):

"Our regulatory documents stipulate that we provide only the MT4 trading terminal for trading with hedge accounting and multi-directional trades."

...I'd better go to a striptease with my girlfriends, myrelationship with forex is not going well lately:(
If it's a normal broker in spite of everything, they will turn it on in the near future, and if they don't, you should run away from them and not come back from a striptease.

Маргарита Королёва:

My broker's official response (extract):

...I'd better go with my girlfriends to a striptease, myrelationship with forex is not going well lately:(
Have you read it? And this is a trend.
Reason: