Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1141

Ayakstel:
good day everybody ___ i'm a newbie __ i want to make a million--help me write an advisor _any information would be great __ i don't know where to start and how to make __ but i have a great desire __ i can't figure it out myself, seen videos, etc. but i'm no programmer --- i can copy something but not make it __ i need a teacher - who can help me with this hard work? thank you

To begin with, an EA is a program that contains a trading algorithm, and it is written to make the daily routine of manual work easier.

Do you have a profitable algorithm that you need to put in your robot? If so, they will help you automate it. If not, there is no point in starting to write anything, because there is nothing to put in the program.

I want to learn how to program in MQL. Where do I start with 4 or 5?

Маргарита Королёва:
I want to learn how to program in MQL. Where do I start with 4 or 5?
Definitely a 5, and don't get bogged down with a 4.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
Definitely with a fiver, and don't get bogged down with a fiver
Vitaly, thank you :) If so, then accordingly the platform should be MT5 :) Right? I noticed that some MT4 users were speaking negatively about MT5 for some reason. So, I had my doubts...

Маргарита Королёва:
Vitaly, thank you :) If so, then accordingly the platform should be MT5 :) Right? I noticed that some MT4 users were speaking negatively about MT5 for some reason. So, I had my doubts...
Negativity is one thing, but perspective is another. MT5 is the future, so we need to learn how to work with it

Good afternoon. After writing the Expert Advisor I checked it in the Strategy Tester. But in the tester my selected period for the ADX indicator did not appear. Writing a call to the indicator is normal:

ADX1=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,0,1);
ADX2=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,0,2);
dipl1=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,1,1);
dipl2=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,1,2);
dimn1=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,2,1);
dimn2=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,2,2);

And MovingAverage has appeared on the chart, but it hasn't been called. Please, help.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
Negativity is one thing, but perspective is another. Mt5 is the future so we need to learn how to work with it

From your answer: for today's MT5 perspective - for today's MT4

Let me confirm what you have just said with my own opinion IMHO

IMHO, "In my humble opinion" - ..... "I have an opinion - can't argue with it".

A little about myself: I know MQ4 very well and MQ5 in a small way. In my neighbouring thread I made 1 hour to remake and describe in details indicator from MT5 to MT4

As the Americans say, OK, let's do the math.

1. most programs in CodeBase on MT4

2. MQ5 is more complicated and programs on it are longer. Example 1: The indicator in MQ4 is called with one function. In MQ5 you should a) create a handle b) call c) destroy the handle

Example2: An order on MQ4 is opened using one function. In MQ5 we have to a) fill the structure of parameters b) call the function

3. For MQ5, you need to use the MT5 terminal. There are brokers which only use MT4

4. MQ4 is much easier and faster to study than MQ5 - it follows from the previous points

5. And most importantly, the transition from MQ4 to MQ5 is easier than the initial learning of MQ5.

6. this is my opinion, and there is no point in arguing about it. You have already expressed your opinion twice in this thread alone.

Ответы@Mail.Ru: ИХМО - что это такое? Многие пишут так...
Ответы@Mail.Ru: ИХМО - что это такое? Многие пишут так...
  • otvet.mail.ru
Вернее ИМХО - имею мнение, хрен оспоришь ИМХО (имхо, Имхо) – часто встречающееся в форумах и Интернет-конференциях словечко, вызывающее замешательство и смутные ассоциации у неподготовленного пользователя. На самом деле ИМХО – это записанная русскими буквами английская аббревиатура IMHO, которая расшифровывается фразой «In my humble...

ax00071:

Good afternoon. After writing the Expert Advisor I checked it in the Strategy Tester. But in the tester my selected period for the ADX indicator did not appear. Writing a call to the indicator is normal:

ADX1=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,0,1);
ADX2=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,0,2);
dipl1=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,1,1);
dipl2=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,1,2);
dimn1=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,2,1);
dimn2=iADX(NULL,0,ADX_Period,PRICE_CLOSE,2,2);

And MovingAverage has appeared on the chart, but it hasn't been called. Please, help.

In the strategy tester, only the indicators, which have been explicitly moved to the chart after pressing Start, appear on the chart

LRA:
На графике в тестере стратегий появляются лишь индикаторы, явно перенесенные на него после нажатия кнопки Стар

When I was writing it, I was comparing it with existing EAs in the terminal, and their calls are the same and when I change the period in the code, it also changes and shows up on the chart. Why is this not happening in my case?

ax00071: I was comparing with the existing EAs in the terminal, their accesses are the same and when I change the period in the code, it also changes and is displayed on the chart. Why does it not happen in my case?
I have launched MACD Sample in the strategy tester, then Moving ... - There is no indicator on the chart. Describe your actions in details - I will try again and see...
Reason: