Creating a positive IO - page 6

Demi:

but none. Forex quotes are neither random nor deterministic quantities. They are uncertain quantities
Consequently, we must try to find a function that will be able to describe, even for now, the quotes history with an acceptable accuracy for practical purposes. I would like to get the participants' opinion on dedicating a special thread to this issue. Moreover, the properties of this function should clarify many questions that have arisen here and now, and which have excited the participants due to their fundamentality.

LeoV:
When we make this decision, the trend may be over ))))
This is why it is not a good idea to buy/sell on extemes. And add on trend without reason to do so.

jelizavettka:

So MoM in the future cannot, by definition, be calculated.

But if good MoM has been good for a long time in the past, it is likely to be better in the future than a system with bad MoM in the past.

By studying neural networks and optimising/training different RTs (with and without neural networks), you should know how a positive MO in the past easily turns into a negative one in the future...))))

LeoV:
If we make this decision, the trend could end ))))

No, it can't, but exactly half the time it will end...

Once again, where we started: is the nature of the price movement DONE OR NOT DONE...?

DmitriyN: This is why you should not buy/sell on extemes. And add on trend without reason to do so.

How can you tell from past data that this is an extremum?

DmitriyN: This is what neural networks have brought you to :)

But the main neural network still works ))))

jelizavettka:
And how do you determine this value? Are you getting some?

Do you know what an uncertain value is?

LeoV:

In other words, we have to use our trading robots and our trading robots to detect and reduce losses. And how do they relate to profitable trading in the future?

For example, like this.

My system in the past has a moderately high MO and let's say the number of continuous losses is 5.

I leave all parameters the same, but based on the calculation that my system will withstand without much trouble in the future

9-10 losing trades in a row. I am doing something like a safety margin. Plus purely from practice I don't see that even

I don't see how that (9 consecutive losses) is even possible.

yosuf:
Consequently, we should try to find a function capable of describing, even for the time being, the history of quotes, with an acceptable accuracy for practical purposes. I would like to know the opinion of the participants on the idea of dedicating a special thread to this issue.
Will it be a Fourier function, which will be 3 notebooks long? If it's something like that, I probably shouldn't, but if it's something reasonable, I'm all for it :))

Alligator:

For example, like this.

My system in the past has a moderately high MO and let's say the number of continuous losses is 5.

I leave all parameters the same, but based on the calculation that my system will withstand without much trouble in the future

9-10 losing trades in a row. I am doing something like a safety margin. Plus purely from practice I don't see that even

I don't see that even this option (with 9 consecutive losses) is possible.

I agree that it can be done that way. But it may not work someday.....))))
Reason: