Creating a positive IO - page 8

Alligator: The Earth may fall into a black hole someday.)

I'm just trying to say that doing some experiments with past data usually nobody thinks about how they will relate to the behaviour of a particular TS on future data.

There is, alas, no direct correlation between an unthinking increase in MO, percentage of profitable trades, profits on past data and a corresponding increase in the same parameters on future data.

LeoV:

I'm just trying to say that when you do some experiments on past data, usually no one thinks about how they will relate to the behavior of this TS on future data.

Alas, there is no direct correlation between an unthinking increase in MO, percentage of profitable trades, profit on past data and an increase in the same parameters on future data.

Well, why don't they think about that? On the contrary, everyone tries to think that if something worked in the past, it will work in the future.

There may not be a direct correlation as you say, but it is not required for profitable trading. Unless, of course, you're going

to write a dissertation on the subject. I am just a practitioner, and look at everything through this prism.

Alligator: Everyone tends to assume that if something worked in the past, it will work in the future.

Do I think this is a mistake?

The past and the future are inextricably linked; if it sold "well" yesterday, the future will buy.

costell:
The past and the future are inextricably linked; if it sold "well" yesterday, the future will buy.
I would appreciate a clue as to the criterion for determining the level of 'good' in the 'sold' event (well, at least this one)...

prikolnyjkent: I would be grateful for a clue as to the criterion for determining the 'good' level in the 'sold' event (well, at least that one)...
+1 ))))

sever32:

and I decided to determine the trend by the mood of the hedgers, whose positions are characterised by counter-trending.

these big guys know better than we do what the trend is)

Hedgers do not care what the trend is, because they use the market only for risk insurance. So they open their positions regardless of the direction of the trend.

Meat:
Hedgers do not care what the trend is, because they only use the market for risk insurance. That is why they open their positions regardless of the trend direction.
Look at the history

In general terms, I think it's hard to find something, you have to be specific and then look for an approach.

costell: We need to be specific about
Well, make up your mind.... who's against it? ))))
Reason: