Creating a positive IO - page 14

paukas:

Leave 100 candles on the screen. Move 2 metres away from the monitor and watch.

You can see where the trend is. If you can't, it means there's no trend.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Is the number 100 based on something, or what?

prikolnyjkent:

We should.

But how?

I'll let you in on the big secret that Goldman-Sachs keeps behind the big doors. Determine the trend with a dipstick. It couldn't be easier. It always works.

gpwr:

I'll let you in on the big secret that Goldman-Sachs keeps behind the big doors. Determine the trend with a dipstick. It couldn't be simpler. It always works.

Makes sense, too.

So, on the subject: "Determining the trend with the MAK (parameters enclosed), create a positive MO".

On the subject, creating positive IR in the future is a robust strategy based on past data. Robust means just that the positive IR will persist.)

And there are basically 2 expectations:

1. to determine reliably that in the past it really was positive IR, not a random series. I.e. the question of statistical validity of obtained results. And here the task is to minimize lag while keeping statistical validity of results. Lag in the sense that start trading new strategy not 10 years after it started working, but as little as possible since any speculative strategy is immortal and gradually or dramatically loses its effectiveness.

2. to understand what the strategy earns on. More precisely, on what other people's methods are parasitized, since any speculative profitable strategy earns on someone else's losses or shortfall in profits. Understanding these things gives more confirmation of the robustness of the strategy, and it reduces the amount of analyzed statistics and reduces the lag.

And then there is only hope that the positive MO will remain for some time enough to make a profit and timely disconnect the system from trades. And the diference in systems.

Avals:

On the subject, creating positive IR in the future is a robust strategy based on past data. Robust means just that the positive IR will persist.)

And there are basically 2 expectations:

1. reliably determine that there has indeed been a positive MO in the past, rather than a random series. I.e. it is a question of statistical validity of obtained results. And here the task is to minimize lag while keeping statistical validity of results. Lag in the sense that start trading new strategy not 10 years after it started working, but as little as possible since any speculative strategy is immortal and gradually or dramatically loses its effectiveness.

2. to understand what the strategy earns on. More precisely, on what other people's methods are parasitized, since any speculative profitable strategy earns on someone else's losses or shortfall in profits. Understanding these things provides additional confirmation of the robustness of the strategy, and it allows us to reduce the amount of analyzed statistics and decrease the lag.

And if you add to this the fact that half of the identified TRENDS will end at the very moment they are identified, it's not even clear how to proceed...

prikolnyjkent:
And if you add to this the fact that half of the identified TRENDS will end at the very moment they are identified, it's not even clear how to proceed...

A speculative system earns not on the trend itself, but on participants who react to that trend (not necessarily entering a position and not necessarily for speculative purposes). I.e. it is important to understand the mass logic of how they identify this trend in this market. Plus, the methods of participants change over time, so if you look at a fairly long time interval, all strategies lose their effectiveness, and it turns out for example that half of the trends come to an end at the time they are identified (the average temperature in the hospital). So it is very important to minimize the lag of introducing a new strategy to trading. The whole art is just how to minimise it.

prikolnyjkent:
And if you add to this that half of the identified TRENDs will end at the very moment they are identified, then it is not clear how to proceed...

If you have identified a trend on the wristwheel, you can trade as you please. The trend will change when the dashboard readings change. Then do not trade. It cannot be easier. Why make complexities that are not there. You should understand that the trend is subjective and depends on the tool you use to check its presence. What looks like a trend on the 1-minute chart may look like a flat on the 1-hour chart.

gpwr:

If you have determined a trend with the dummy, you may trade by yourself. The trend will change when the reading on the dashboard changes. Then do not trade. It cannot be easier. Why make complexities that are not there. You should understand that the trend is subjective and depends on the tool you use to check its presence. What looks like a trend on the 1-minute chart may look like a flat on the 1-hour chart.

Well, that's how easy it turns out.

So, DmitriyN, close the subject, and... go get the money. I hope gpwr will share his earning technique with us...

prikolnyjkent:

Well, that's how easy it turns out.

So, DmitriyN, close the subject, and... go get the money. I hope gpwr will share his earning technique with us...

Determining if there is a trend is the easiest part of the task. That's what I meant and nothing else. There is still a long way to go before earning. As the price does not move in a straight line, you need to know when to enter and exit. So, the task is now: having determined the presence of a trend, what next? Immediately opening a position will lead to inevitable losses.

gpwr:

Determining if there is a trend is the easiest part of the task. That's what I meant and nothing else. There is still a long way to go before you make money. Since the price does not move in a straight line, you still need to think about when to enter and when to exit. So, the task is now: having determined the presence of a trend, what next? Opening a position immediately will lead to an inevitable loss.

Yeah. Got it.

Let's go back: "Determine the TREND by MA (parameters attached) and proceed with the creation of a POSITIVE MO".

Reason: