Ward 6 - page 23

Dr.Drain:

Many things can be assumed. For example, one of the trivial assumptions everyone knows:

Price increments are white Gaussian noise. Sometimes GVH is assumed to be the logarithm of price increments. For forex it is the same thing due to small dynamic range of price on the averaging interval. A property of the spectrum follows from this model: it falls as 1/f. This property can be used to design a filter. For design of an ordinary linear filter even: it is not necessary to aim at big suppression of high frequencies, they are small as it is. In practice, however, this is of little use (as the price increments are not BHP :-)) ), but you can assume a lot of things.

Again. The filter is a black box. I don't set out to discuss the filter. I'm demonstrating the trading system and the reality of outweighing probability.

The market is a very shrewd and well-worn forum, no one believes anyone (I mean the authors of another miracle), that is why there is no healthy dose of skepticism.

I, personally, do not need your secrets. And I don't need filters either. But I am ready to talk about your principles. I do not want to discuss the stats, it should be addressed to the gentlemen of the currency branches or so.

The market will not take you seriously without proper coverage, at least in general terms. Believe me, the stats and graphs here are very good at drawing - no one is interested in them, by and large.

paukas:
The MDAC is working. I've just been driving through it.
It can work. Until the price is more or less horizontal (flat) and non-linear distortions in terms of ratios of price and oscillator moves are small. Then it is a known fact. That is, on the average, it does not work and cannot work.

HideYourRichess:

This is a very dodgy and have seen a lot of things on this forum, therefore no one believes anyone's word (I mean the authors of the next miracle), on this there is no healthy dose of skepticism.

... Believe me, statements and charts are very good at drawing here - no one is interested in them, by and large.

Hehe. And I don't draw stats and charts. I even, on the contrary, refuse to discuss "charts" :-) I'm showing the trade - online - under real conditions - and so far my balance is growing. It's just an off day. No trading. So people are concentrating on discussing otherwise. Any questions?

Dr.Drain:

If the quote stream was a "purely random process", everyone would have given up trying to build efficient trading algorithms a long time ago. So I don't really understand what "working with a purely random process" means. Watching it? What else is there to do with it? Non-randomness is obvious from the most trivial ideas. For example, if EURUSD were "random", it could have long ago become not 1.25, but, say. 0.1 or 10. However, it does not. There are mechanisms (and very strong ones, which determine the nature of events) that effectively balance trade relations between countries (and the exchange rate is a trade advantage) in such a way that strong (many times a year, for example) changes of ratios are practically impossible. Unless the system is tiny and closed to the outside world (Belarus, for example). Then natives can do anything, for example, say that tomorrow the tugrik will be 100 times cheaper. Since there are mechanisms, which make impossible such trends, which are easily realizable for random processes, it is obvious that the process is not random. That is enough. Although it is possible to justify it strictly, mathematically, for example, by looking at the properties of ACF. Again, though, calculating ACF from a short sample, for example, is a tricky task. And so on.

But, it is also known that the scale of fluctuations determined by macroeconomic factors does not allow a small speculator to hope for any significant income. He is forced to make money on the "noise". Does intraday "noise" have a pattern (again, please answer IN PRINCIPLE)? (in your opinion)

KG. Show me the profit.

If the system is super stable, open a PAM and make super stable profits.

Why are you getting all snotty?

TheXpert:

KG. Show me the profit.

If the system is super stable, open a PAM and make super stable profits.

Why are you getting all snotty?

Anyone who talks about stability in the financial markets is either an idiot, because he is a crook, or one of the two.

Dr.Drain:
Heh-heh. I don't draw stats and charts. I even on the contrary, refuse to discuss "charts" :-) I'm showing trading - online - under real conditions - and so far my balance is growing. It's just an off day. No trading. So people are concentrating on discussing otherwise. Any questions?

So far, everyone thinks you're drawing. There has been more than one such handyman here before, with online trading and a growing account. Then all sorts of nasty things came up.

prikolnyjkent:
But it is also known that the scale of fluctuations determined by macroeconomic factors does not allow the small speculator to hope for any meaningful profits. He is forced to capitalise on the "noise". Does intraday "noise" have a pattern (again, please answer IN PRINCIPLE)? (in your opinion)
There is no "noise" in the market. You can make a trade at all levels demonstrated by the price. What else is needed? So it's not noise. It's price. Your question is: Is there a pattern to the price on the scale of the order of hours? The answer is yes there is. In essence, you can rephrase your question as follows: if I erase the numbers off the axes, can you find out where the W1 chart is and where the D1 chart is and where the M1 chart is ? I say no (I also say that maybe I could, but it is a separate and complicated issue and I would often be mistaken even knowing that there are only two choices, for example M5 and H1, so generally speaking there is a difference, but the effects that determine it are only a small correction, a value of a smaller order of magnitude than the effects that determine the chart look). That's why I trade intraday and TP=SL=50 pips. Why wait weeks, with TP=SL=500, when statistically everything is almost the same? It's called fractality.

Dr.Drain:

Tried to do something, spent two hours, don't understand...
What is fed to the filter function apart from the previous value of the filter itself? Closing price?

TheXpert:

If the system is super stable, open a PAMM and make super stable profits.

And why PAMM if you can take profits from the market?
Reason: