learn how to earn money villagers [Episode 2] ! - page 270

khorosh:
If you use a tester, you have a 100% guarantee that you have a tester grail. Ticks in the tester are modelled and you just fished out a pattern of modelling, as there is a rigid algorithm. There will be no profit on the real, I guarantee you. A lot of people here have already experienced this. If you test only on the opening prices of minute bars, otherwise the results of testing is a mirage, just enjoy it.

Ticks in the tester are not modelled arbitrarily, they are modelled to show the real price behaviour in a bar (and it seems to me they are not modelled, they are simply filtered out to reduce the volume). Otherwise, what's the sense in ticks, for the tester to "tick" more times or what?

P.S. And even if "oops" it is true, it does not change anything, because % of reopen/close on one bar does not exceed 10, and with the rest 90% nothing can be done, it will work as planned.

P.P.S. ticks in the tester are rigidly modeled ONLY between key values, remaining after filtering to reduce the volume of tick history, if you think that all ticks are modeled there, then the sense in these ticks will be "0", the question is, why do something that is not of any real use, but only wastes the resources of the computer, I think everyone will give himself the answer.

BeerGod:

It seems there is nothing to optimise, everything is dynamically calculated, I was planning for euras, but then I ran it on swiss and it works too, it's kind of a normal forward if on a completely different pair ?
I would rather check it on some other currency pair because USDCHF and EURUSD are strongly correlated. Do you have an EA with or without martin?

_CaHeK_:
The ticks in the tester are not modelled randomly, but to reflect the real price behaviour in the bar (and it seems to me that they are not modelled, they are just filtered to reduce the volume). Otherwise, what is the sense in ticks, for the tester to "tick" more times or what?

You are ill-informed about the capabilities of the tester. Why use categories of knowledge such as "I think" when you can get reliable knowledge by reading the relevant documentation.

_CaHeK_:
The ticks in the tester are not modelled randomly, but to reflect the real price behaviour in the bar (and it seems to me that they are not modelled, they are just filtered to reduce the volume). Otherwise what's the sense in ticks, if the tester "ticks" one more time?
P.S. And even if "oops" it is so, it does not change anything, because % of reopening/closing on one bar at me does not exceed 10, and with other 90% it is impossible to do anything, will work as planned.

You may open your pockets wide and the money will start flowing) Mt4 and other similar games have been invented to make people richer) they do their best for the people.

khorosh:
You are poorly aware of the tester's capabilities. Why use such categories of knowledge as "I think", when it is possible to obtain reliable knowledge by reading the relevant documentation.

Geez, if everyone is so smart, why is everyone so poor?

I quote:An important difference from the 3rd terminal tester was that in the MetaTrader 4 strategy tester, price data of the youngest available timeframe was used for modelling. Therefore, with a one-minute history available over the entire testing interval, the results are as close as possible to those obtained in the online mode.

_CaHeK_:
In the tester ticks are modelled not randomly, but to reflect the real price behaviour in a bar (and I think they are not modelled, they are simply filtered to reduce the volume). Otherwise, what's the sense in ticks, if the tester ticks for one more time?

P.S. And even if "oops" it is true, it does not change anything, because % of reopen/close on one bar does not exceed 10, and with the rest 90% nothing can be done, it will work as planned.

P.P.S. ticks in the tester are rigidly modeled ONLY between keyframes, remaining after filtering to reduce the volume of tick history, if you think that all ticks are modeled there, then the sense in these ticks will be "0", the question is, why do something that is not really useful, but only wastes the computer resources, I think everyone will answer himself.

Well, hurry up to the real world, you'll be down to earth in no time).

_CaHeK_:

I quote:An important difference from the 3rd terminal tester was that in the MetaTrader 4 strategy tester, price data of the youngest available timeframe was used for modelling. Therefore, with a one-minute history available over the entire tested interval, the test results are as close as possible to those obtained in the online mode.

Much depends on the logic of the Expert Advisor and how critical it is to the behaviour of tick changes.

7Konstantin7:

Open your pockets wide, the money will flow) Mt4 and other similar inventions were made for people to get rich) They are trying to do everything for the people.

If you think that they are trying to make people richer, they are trying to open their pockets wide, money will start flowing, and they are trying to make people richer.

BeerGod:

Much depends on the logic of the EA and how critical it is of the tick change behaviour.

It is not critical of anything at all, except price behaviour, as long as the behaviour in the tester is exemplary, which, according to my observations, is close (in key points) to the real behaviour, otherwise no one would need it for fuck's sake.

_CaHeK_:

I quote:An important difference from the 3rd terminal tester was that in the MetaTrader 4 strategy tester, price data of the youngest available timeframe was used for modelling. Therefore, with a one-minute history available over the entire testing interval, the results are as close as possible to those obtained in the online mode.

I've been here since 2006, and it's not the first time I meet such inventors of the tester grails who have caught the regularity of tickwise modelling. But the real put everything in its place and will put you). Forget the ticks and test at open m1 prices. Otherwise you won't have any luck)).

Reason: