Engineer Garin's Paraboloid - page 9

sand: A lock is an attempt to postpone an unfortunate end.

It doesn't have to be at all. Profitable positions can also be locked.

It is simply an attempt to stop time.

In terms of spread costs, the whole combination with locks is exactly equivalent to opening two independent positions, with "stopped time" in between.

moskitman:
Is your statement about the parabolic alternating? Or how many times it will redraw before it starts to alternate? In the meantime, you're opening positions... well, well...

I'm not redrawing anything. On the contrary, I will collect profit as many times as it redraws! That is why I only work on the zero bar! Even if it re-draws the point five times, it means only one thing - I will make a profit five times! Do you have any idea how far from the price the last point of the parabolic jumps when it is broken? Even with the standard settings of the indicator?

This is the distance that will be the target for the take profit of the first order. The price has touched the same bar - the point has jumped to the other side of the price but not close to it! Haven't you ever seen how a parabolic works in real time? To reverse the parabolic again, the price has to go the same distance again, only backwards, closing the second order either in the plus or zero! So much for the net profit.

Svinotavr:

I give you Example 1. I opened 2 positions in different directions. On one of them I took profit after 2 hours, and on the other one - after 4 hours. Both of my positions were in the black.

Here's example number 2 (close to the one under discussion). I have opened 2 positions in both directions. Regardless of where the price goes in one position I will make a profit and in the other a loss, which is less than that profit. I do not write about position management techniques.

That's it. I am out of here.

On pr.1. Your 2 pluses require appropriate price behaviour during those four hours. In any case your 2 orders can be replaced by one.

Regarding pr.2. I wonder how you get a loss that is less than the income. Again you have a cat in a poke, this time in the form of "position management technique".

I'm telling you, write an example with a description of price movements and your actions that will show the advantages of loco. And you do not need words about secret technologies.

Svinotavr: Here's an example #2 (close to the one under discussion). I opened 2 positions in both directions. Regardless of where the price moves in one position I will make a profit, and in the other a loss, that is less than this profit. I do not write about position management techniques.

That's it. I'm out of here.

You're almost there, and now you're running away again?

Please tell me how you are the only one who is so good at it and no one else is...

VladislavVG:
Do not get lost in thought: enough to show the stat advantage loc. If the example will be a series of not considered on this forum, count again, if not - google forum: such - "proof" was probably a dozen. So, let's see the evidence - and then you will bring the idea to its logical conclusion. Everything else is bogus.

The question is not for me, but then I won't answer it myself. The example is honestly stolen from another thread, but its relevance is not diminished by this. Please:

JonKatana:
My bad. My mistake. The essence does not change. The task for you is the same - to open the second order on MT4.

I correct conditions of the example: EURUSD, leverage 1:500, DC with margin compensation on different orders of the same volume. Your deposit is 30,000 roubles.

1) In MT5 you open the first order with 1 lot volume. The price of 1 pip on such volume is 290 roubles. Price passes 40 points and activates a pending order with volume of 2 lots (initially you set 3 lots). The loss is fixed at 40 x 290 = 11600 roubles (to simplify the calculation we do not take into account spreads). And they also take a deposit for the second open order in the volume of 2 lots in the amount of 15658 rubles. That is, if you open the second lot, you have 30.000 - 15658 - 11600 = 2742 roubles of free funds.

2) In MT4, you also open the first order with the same volume of 1 lot. The pledge for opening an order of 1 lot volume is 7829 roubles. The price passes 40 points and reaches the border of the corridor. You have a loss of 40 x 290 = 11600 roubles, and you need to open an order with the volume of 3 lots. On your account at the moment 30.000 - 7829 - 11600 = 10.571 roubles. The margin for the difference between the volume of the already open order and the second order is 2 lots. To open the second order, you need to increase the total deposit by 15658 roubles. 10.571 roubles on your account. OPEN THIS ORDER!

Svinotavr:

I give you Example 1. I opened two positions in different directions. On one of them I made a profit after 2 hours, on the other - after 4 hours. Both of my positions came out in the black.

Here's example number 2 (close to the one under discussion). I have opened 2 positions in both directions. Regardless of where the price goes in one position I will make a profit and in the other a loss, which is less than that profit . I do not write about position management techniques.

That's it. I am leaving here.

That's right, except for "a loss that's less than that gain ." That's where grandma said it all. You hit a trend and that's it.

Svinotavr: Продолжайте локи без меня.

Well, Dima, then stay out of topics that aren't worthy of the attention of real pros like you. Judging by your behaviour, almost all the topics on this forum are not for you.

Svinotavr: OK, I'll explain.

Dima, you left, right? You're busy, you wrote a while ago.

Svinotavr: Go on loci without me.

So, I guess not all locs are useless. For example, using a non-asymmetric loc to reverse a position when a trend changes. They say it is profitable. What do you think? Or is it just about locks?

Svinotavr: That confession alone is worth a lot :) Is stopping time not enough? It's a lot.

You can stop it in the same way, without entering the lock, just by closing the pose.
Reason: