Engineer Garin's Paraboloid - page 4

You have to explain such commonplace truths, and on other topics they try to pretend to be clever, so how can you believe anything at all) all this is just rubbish for the sake of idle gossip.

Svinotavr:

Let me give you this example, from a slightly different area. I have to leave for school, I can't control the account. I still have open positions.

So close them. This is tantamount to a lock. When you want to trade, you open a position, which is tantamount to closing your locking order. It's 2*2, 2+2, just high school arithmetic.

Svinotavr:

And I'm busy :)

I hope this is extra maths class? Otherwise you won't have any luck in trading).

I've told for the last 100 times not to start talking about stocks. For some people it's almost a religion, they just can't understand it with their minds, they have to believe in it and so we infringe on something sacred.

Figar0:

So close them down. This is tantamount to a lock. When you want to trade, you will open a position, which will be tantamount to closing your lock order. It's 2*2, 2+2, just high school arithmetic.

I hope this is extra maths class? Otherwise you won't have any luck in trading.)

I've told myself not to get involved in talks about Loki 100 times already, for some it's almost a religion, common sense is beyond comprehension, you have to believe in it and we're encroaching on something sacred.

And if there are several TPs working on the account, for example a flat and a trend one, then lots are very useful, but within one TP I agree.

Svinotavr:

The easiest way is to lock positions with an equal lot. In this case, no matter where the price moves, your situation in the account will not change in any way

:))) Such a little guy, and already a locksmith :))

Figar0:

In fact, I've already sworn 100 times not to get involved in conversations about locks, for some it's almost a religion, you can't understand with your mind, you have to believe, and here we are encroaching on the sacred.

That's right, I won't discuss the topic of locks anymore either. On forums this topic usually ends in boorishness.

If you're interested, you should think about this: why locking is forbidden in some "zones", by some "brokers" and in some "software".

And I don't discuss the topic of locks in public anymore.

Figar0:

Don't go completely crazy)

Having two opposite orders of equal volume is equivalent to having no open positions except for the loss of spreads, swaps. ...

We opened two Buy and Sell orders. The price went somewhere, on one of them (+ 100 - spread - swap - commission), on the other (- 100 - spread - swap - commission), which in total gives (-2*(spread+swap+commission)).

All the work of the system will start when you close one order. So, just open one order at that moment and that's it.

A pair of orders is needed in order to collect profit twice from one segment (when the price moves back and forth) or to compensate for a double loss in case you have not guessed the direction.

For example, you open orders in the hope of a price movement in the direction of a parabolic break, and a stop loss is triggered by a parabolic break in the opposite direction. In this case, the price should break through the parabolic twice in a row! It went into a flat, you see! You made two net losses. The paraboloid made two net profits of the same size!

Or you play a bounce from the parabolic inside the channel and the price, the channel, went in the trend, then turned back and flew back with the same enthusiasm, passed the starting point of the first order and flew away. What's your balance sheet? Everything sad? Two huge moose? Aye-aye-aye! And the paraboloid has one huge plus, almost the size of the trend, and one smaller plus, for the difference between the start point and the end of the pullback!

Mendikero:

Paraboloid made two net profits of the same size!

You can't be so stubborn, dear man, how hard can it be to check. Open the terminal, put a lock and close it twice as you wanted. And see how much profit you made.

Mendikero:

A pair of orders is needed to collect profit twice from the same segment (when price moves back and forth) or to compensate for a double loss in case you have not guessed the direction.

For example, you open orders in the hope of a price movement in the direction of a parabolic break, and a stop loss is triggered by a parabolic break in the opposite direction. In this case, the price should break through the parabolic twice in a row! It went into a flat, you see! You made two net losses. The paraboloid made two net profits of the same size!

Or you play a bounce from the parabolic inside the channel and the price, the channel, went in the trend, then turned back and flew back with the same enthusiasm, passed the starting point of the first order and flew away. What's your balance sheet? Everything sad? Two huge moose? Aye-aye-aye! And the paraboloid has one huge plus, almost the size of the trend, and one smaller plus, for the difference between the starting point and the end of the pullback!

Fucking hell, how can anyone be so impenetrable? You should really go to school...

OnGoing:
You can't be so stubborn, dear man, how hard can it be to check. Open the terminal, put a lock and close it twice as you wanted. And see how much profit it turned out.
I'm doing it with great success. The only disadvantage is that everything is done by hand, but I want to do it like Emelya on the cooker - I mean with an Expert Advisor. I wish somebody would bake it out, and all questions about profitability would disappear - testing will show everything. Actually, all I need is to close orders one by one - first the profitable one, and then the one remaining after breakdown of the parabolic - and the Expert Advisor will be ready.

alsu:
Fucking hell, how can anyone be so impenetrable? You should really go to school...
Come on, we're in after-school care and we play all the time - screw school!
Reason: