Engineer Garin's Paraboloid

Take a parabolic vulgaris. Slow it down a bit (0.01/0.2).

When the parabolic changes its direction (moves over the price), we open a pair of orders - Buy and Sell. The lots are the same.

At the next jump of the parabolic, we close the order that is in the plus position. We wait for the next jump and close the remaining order.

Mendikero:

... The next time the parabolic skips, we close the order that is in the plus...

Do you think you earned something in doing so?)

And why would you need to open a lot, if you could open just one position to the "right" side without losing the spread?

Which side is the "right" side? There are two ways to work on a parabolic - on a breakthrough (catching a trend) and on a rebound (inside the channel, working on a flat). But nobody will say what will happen now - the flat or the trend. So it is the only way.

Mendikero:
Which side is the "right" side? There are two ways to work on a parabolic - on a breakthrough (catching a trend) and on a rebound (inside the channel, working on a flat). But nobody will say what will happen now - the flat or the trend. So it is the only way.
)) For example you suggest to work on a reversal. But this is not what is important. If one knew the "right side", one would not put the locks).

Here we are working on both options at the same time. Open the EURUSD chart and mentally visualise the paraboloid working on it. You will see what I mean. Here both orders opened at the same point can close in profit.

Mendikero:
Here we are working on both options at the same time. Open the EURUSD chart and mentally visualise the paraboloid working on it. You will see what I mean. Here both orders opened at the same point can close in profit.
)) Do not try it in your mind, but open trades on the demo. And you will see that the "earning" on an up and down move, as you described, will only happen in one direction)

For a better proof, an advisor would be helpful, but my knowledge is not enough to program a sequential closure.

What about unprofitable orders that will accumulate?

That's right, "paraboloid", not "hyperboloid"! Alexei Nikolaevich comes to mind: the dreamer, a walk in the mud, Kharitonov's gold, troubled times, the golden key with Pinocchio, miracles in a sieve... :))) Today is the day of demise. We shall not be beaten!

On the subject. Theoretically, there are points on the chart where double positions work well, but ... gentlemen, at least decide on the goals, because it turns out that "the goals are unclear, the prospects are vague" ...

fozi:
What about unprofitable orders that will accumulate?
Why would they suddenly accumulate? Any open order pair will be closed after the second flip of the parabolic, no matter if the last order is winning or losing.

Mendikero:
Why would they suddenly pile up? Any open pair of orders will close after the second flip of the parabolic, no matter if the last order is on the plus side or the minus side.
I see now.
Reason: