Interesting and humorous - page 142

solar:

I'm selling a methodological guide to VJ, price 100 roubles.

Main theses - (censored) ....

wholesale discounts provided?

I don't know... Read... Shrugged my shoulders...

I'm all for the memory of our grandfathers. I salute them for not surrendering their homeland.

It wasn't about sanctuaries, and it wasn't about loyalty to the party-alone... They defended their children, their wives, their fathers, their mothers, their grandfathers.

My grandfather laid down his head. Am I supposed to make fun of him now? Like he's an idiot, he should have run to the Germans... No... I don't agree.

It's just... not for an argument. That's my opinion.

MetaDriver:
are wholesale discounts available?

Don't you get tired of typing? Or is there a secretary left to do some moonlighting today? ;))

artmedia70:

I don't know... Read... Shrugged my shoulders...

I'm all for the memory of our grandfathers. I salute them for not surrendering their homeland.

It wasn't about sanctuaries, and it wasn't about loyalty to the party-alone... They defended their children, their wives, their fathers, their mothers, their grandfathers.

My grandfather laid down his head. Am I supposed to make fun of him now? Like he's an idiot, he should have run to the Germans... No... I don't agree.

It's just... not for an argument. That's my opinion.

Eh.... see... there's no one here who's against memory. And there's no one here to make fun of the grandfathers.

The idea of the poll was right, the ending was wrong. In my opinion, the survey should have been followed by a very authoritative and competent historian, who would have explained to today's patriots that if they had surrendered Leningrad, they would not have held Moscow either, not to mention Stalingrad. And there would have been many more victims. And which way the war would have turned, one can only guess.

But to those who survived - respect and long memory (eternal memory is unlikely with the trends that are going on in Russia).

Roger:

The idea of the poll was right, the ending was wrong. In my opinion, the survey should have been followed by a very authoritative and competent historian, who would have explained to today's patriots that if they had surrendered Leningrad, they would not have held Moscow either, not to mention Stalingrad. And there would have been many more victims. And which way the war would have turned, we can only guess.

But to those who survived - respect and long memory (eternal memory is unlikely with the trends that are going on in Russia).

I am against the surrender, but the conclusion about the consequences is not so clear-cut. The same historian might remind you that Kutuzov's surrender of Moscow did not lead to defeat and is treated as a clever tactical move. Even if the Germans had reached the Urals, even then the Germans could not be certain that they had won the war. The factories would have been evacuated to Siberia and the war would have continued.

khorosh:
... The factories would be evacuated to Siberia and the war would go on.

With far more casualties. And how many more would have followed...

artmedia70:
With many more casualties. And how many more there would have been afterwards...

I agree. I just wanted to make the point that neither the surrender of Leningrad nor the surrender of Moscow decided the outcome of the war.

khorosh:
I agree. I only wanted to make the point that neither the surrender of Leningrad nor the surrender of Moscow decided the outcome of the war.

You have to be strong in spirit. Very. Just flint. Because surrendering Leningrad, taking Moscow by the Germans would have demoralized the Russian spirit, and raised the Germans'. Then for sure they would have had to mobilize the last, I do not know... it is hard to imagine how things could have turned out.

If Stalingrad had been lost? It's hard to think about it now. But as it is...

artmedia70:

You have to be strong in spirit. Very. Just flint. Because surrendering Leningrad, taking Moscow by the Germans would demoralize the Russian spirit, and raise the Germans'. Then for sure they would have had to mobilize the last, I do not know... it is hard to imagine how things could have turned out.

If Stalingrad had been lost? It's hard to think about. But then...

It's not all so clear-cut about the spirit. The Germans, used to the fact that with the capture of the capital of another victim of fascist aggression in Europe, the war would have been unpleasantly surprised that in Russia it was not so. It is hard to say how it would have affected their spirits. Many of us were mentally prepared for such an outcome, as there was a partial evacuation and mining in Moscow. Even Stalin was unsure if we would defend Moscow, asking Zhukov. So it would not have been a great surprise to our soldiers, and it would not have shaken their morale to any great extent. However, one of the negative consequences would have been that the Allies would not have made massive deliveries of arms and food, believing that the outcome of the war was a foregone conclusion.
Reason: