[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 381

Hello colleagues, I have this question, is it possible to protect an EA with a code? Let's say that the EA can only work for a certain period of time (5 days, a week, a month..... at the author's discretion), and then request a certain code to continue. Is it possible? And how to implement this? Thanks in advance.....

msl:

People, can you tell me how to put a function in a library?

I created a function library with the wizard, copied the function code and pasted it into the window that opened, I press Compile and get the message: Start function not found and cannot by run.

What's wrong?

You have to connect this library to your Expert Advisor. At the very beginning of the code, type it in after you have connected the standard libraries:

#include <stdlib.mqh>
#include <stderror.mqh>
#include <WinUser32.mqh>
#include <Имя_Вашей_Библиотеки.mqh>

In the EA, in the start() function, make a call to a function that is in the library and compile the EA, not the library.

MIR-ASOV:
Hello colleagues, I have this question, is it possible to protect an EA with a code? Let's say that the EA can only work for a certain period of time (5 days, a week, a month..... at the author's discretion), and then request a certain code to continue. Is it possible? And how to implement this? Thanks in advance.....
How did you try?

How did you try?
I've just started mastering MQL4, in the very green stages so to speak..... And just have no idea in my heart how to do it :)

MIR-ASOV:

I've just started mastering MQL4, in the greenest stages so to speak..... And just have no idea in my heart how to do it :)

Why?

MIR-ASOV:

I've just started mastering MQL4, in the very green stages so to speak..... And just have no idea in my heart how to do it :)
For example, you could limit your robot's expiry date to a certain number and check if it has not come. if so, check if the password is correct in external variables

MIR-ASOV:
Hello colleagues, I have a question. Is it possible to protect my Expert Advisor with a code? Let's say, that the Expert Advisor can work only for a certain period of time (5 days, a week, a month..... at the discretion of the author), and then it will request a certain code to continue. Is it possible? And how to implement this? Thanks in advance.....

You can, but it's easy to decompile. It helps to put the logic in a DLL with protection against exploring and binding to online checking of the account, but it is quite difficult.

On the other hand, if the Expert Advisor is profitable, there is no sense in selling it. If it is not profitable, then a simple protection will do.

nadya:
for example, you could limit your robot's expiry date to a certain number and check if it has not occurred. if so, check if the password is correct in the external variables
By the time you have something to protect, we will all be consulting you :))

Very common variant. Long before something worthy of protection is developed, the idea of coding a future work comes to mind. If you can persuade your brain to wait till the project is finished, then everything settles down by itself.

granit77:
By the time there is something to defend, we will all be consulting you :))

A very common option. Long before you develop something worthy of protection, the idea of coding a future work comes to mind. If you can convince your brain to wait until the project is finished, then everything settles down by itself.

Why would you do that? Maybe a person just thought of something ingenious all at once).

Hello friends, please help me to understand how to install EAs on MT4.

I opened the "Navigator" window, then "Expert Advisors", at the very bottom there is a line "749 more", I clicked and was redirected to a page with lots of different Expert Advisors, but I do not know how to install them in my terminal.

Reason: