TA or something you don't know about. - page 28

Avals:

Yes, it's just that the forecast is a bit different than the one for the direction or amount of movement in each trade

A prediction is a pad between the state of the indicators and the decision-making process.

In fact, people make forecasts most of the time, simply by taking a step or going for a run you make a forecast that in the next moment the ground will be under your supporting foot, there is no other way, because human walking is a controlled fall.

And what kind of prediction you make depends on the goal (the decision which will be made on the basis of this prediction).

Hence, the moral of the TA-->forecast-->trading decision, the latter is the main one, and it determines the tasks for the former.

Which means aimless TA is nonsense.

Avals:

yes, it's just a little different than predicting the direction or magnitude of a move in each trade

What's the difference? Do you call the same phenomena differently: "sleeping" or "blinking slowly"? - or do you really mean something different?

what is the deeper, sacred meaning of this wordplay, and how does it help to predict... ugh, successful trading?

IgorM:

Stop snoozing! Get on with it, or we'll wait for 2012.

And he will not tell you anything specific because there is nothing to say... The TA (the right one - the same question which is the right one) it is unconcrete (the overcorrection of chances or the breakdown of levels to that particular reversal) either up or down and the exclusion of one option is nonsense. And there is only one pattern to trade (after the growth there will be a correction, and after the correction there will be a growth) (and the trend reversal is not a pattern, but a surprise).

joo:

What's the difference? Do you call the same phenomena differently: "sleeping" or "blinking slowly"? - or do you really mean something different?

what is the underlying, sacred meaning of this wordplay, and how does it help to predict... ugh, successful trading?

there is no sacred meaning - it's a matter of terms and getting the problem right.

In fact, I've had two (one and a half!)) real programmatic posts on this thread where I've started to state what I wanted to convey. Everything else (that's me) is a reaction to something I'm already tired of reacting to.

Just some kind of mooching conspiracy. The death of the guinea pigs under interrogation by the Gestapo.

For now - time out. Something I'm not articulating in the right way. Or to the wrong people. I need to think...

Svinozavr:

In fact, I've had two (one and a half!))) actual programmatic posts on this thread where I've started to state what I wanted to convey. Everything else (that's me) is a reaction to something I'm already tired of reacting to.

Just some kind of mooching conspiracy. The omerta paranormal at the interrogation at the Gestapo.....

Kids in the basement playing Gestapo

Brutally tortured by Potapov the plumber (c)

The term "analysis" itself suggests that you have results in hand that correspond to the current moment in the real world. What is called the "here and now". If you want an adequate description of reality that will take place in a minute, an hour or a day, you need to do another analysis ))) And if your mind is such a mess, it's a good idea to remember such concepts as induction and deduction from logic. Both in relation to the weather and markets, people will always puzzle over such trivial dilemmas - There are puddles outside because it's raining. Or it's raining outside because there are puddles. ))) For more advanced I suggest the following option - yesterday it rained, today it is raining, tomorrow it will rain? Or will it not rain? )))

artikul:
The term "analysis" itself suggests that you have results that correspond to the current moment in the real world. It's called the "here and now". If you want an adequate description of reality, which will take place in a minute, an hour or a day, you have to make another analysis))) And if your mind is such a mess, it's a good idea to remember such concepts as induction and deduction from logic. Both in relation to the weather and markets, people will always puzzle over such trivial dilemmas - There are puddles outside because it's raining. Or it's raining outside because there are puddles. ))) For more advanced I suggest the following option - yesterday it rained, today it is raining, tomorrow it will rain? Or will it not rain tomorrow? )))

The barometer needs a look at.

With rain it is easier, there are additional instruments, but with the market it is more complicated, there are only quotes and their conversions (indicators).

Can you tell if it will rain or not if you only have different filters and no even a hint of a barometer at your disposal?

Urain:

The barometer needs a look at.

With rain it is easier, there are additional instruments, but with the market it is more complicated, there are only quotes and their conversions (indicators).

Can you tell if it will rain if you only have different filters at your disposal and not even a hint of a barometer?

Good question )))) So, on the page 28 we came to an interesting conclusion how to trade if analysis results contradict logic or common sense )))) When writing EAs, of course, this factor cannot be formalized )))

artikul:

Good question )))) So, on the 28th page we come to interesting conclusions about how to trade if the results of analysis are inconsistent with logic or common sense)) When writing EAs, of course, this factor cannot be formalized )))

What follows is pure opinion.

I personally decided for myself that I will develop a system that makes a probabilistic forecast based on available data (read TA) and adjust it as the forecast comes true or not, I do not see another way.

Although it would be useful to introduce an insider into the system, it would increase the chances, some people try to use options, and some call on FA gods to help TA, all this shows that the TA in its pure form is exhausted.

I cannot make a profitable trade just by looking back at what everyone sees. I'm not talking about pure intuitive trading or semi-automated trading (read with a grain of intuition), but about formalizing into auto-trading.

Reason: