Nostalgic for the past? - page 19

AlexeyFX:

Why is it controversial?

Look closely at the figures. Even if I could program my idea, I would spend more time on this programming than I would spend on manual trading in 10 years. I trade 1-2 hours a month. Why would I need an EA that waits the rest of the time? To run it for those 2 hours? Again, what for? It's no more difficult to open or close a trade manually than it is to run the Expert Advisor.

Profits can easily be multiplied, but this is where our colonial laws start to interfere.

That's because you have such a system. Some kind of pattern is tracking, and it's very rare. And the rest of the time when you're not trading - don't you think it's all potentially an under-received profit?

IronBird:

That's because you have such a system. Some sort of pattern is tracking, and it's very rare. And the rest of the time when you're not trading - don't you think it's all potentially an underperformance?

Of course I do. But no known method of analysis allows you to take that profit, so I take what I can. When there is a reason for price change, the consequence is inevitable.

And trying to guess the direction based on indicators (not applicable to forex obsolete filters with horrible characteristics), fairy levels, reversal patterns, channels, etc. (fantasies with no justification whatsoever) and other australopithecine tools - it's not for me.

So what happens? Find some kind of pattern and then call it a day? My point is... you have to program. Take the pattern you find. And onto the operating table. And give it a tail and a tail. First check if it really works - collect solid statistics. And then, if so, why is it working? After all, it may turn out that the idea "in it" can be promoted, and lead to successful trading "always in the market. That sort of thing.

yosuf:
Time will tell, I have 5K, you have 30K, we will compare results every month or quarter. I'll prove the benefits of automatic trading. By the end of the year, I hope to catch up with you, as 2 PAMMAs in the composition of the specified accounts may pull up.

I would be interested in watching this competition. Add the tractors there, give the start and end dates of the competition and off we go.

sayfuji:

I've found myself thinking that I've hardly been on the forum for the last year. Either the content has become simple, or "everything that can be done has already been done" - there are no fresh, worthwhile new ideas. All the old ones have scattered.

I remember in 2008-2009 when it was full of life here - a real flood of information that I wanted to read and read.

I wanted to ask a roll call of old forum to make - where are you all, how was trading success and stuff like that.

P.S. Younger people please do not spam.

There used to be something to read, something to participate in.... and now, it's the only thread to read...

I think this is due to the fact that change gradually the generation, before thinking how to make something strong, powerful and complex that it brought income and now think how strong, cool and powerful to push any crap ... Nobody wants to create...

Marina, trans?

fozi:

Marina, trans?

It looks like a germaphreudite.

IronBird:
So what happens? Find some kind of pattern and rest on that?

I didn't say anything about patterns. More accurately, I said it was heresy and I would never have thought to look for them. All sorts of heads with shoulders, pips with yytes (inverted heads with shoulders) and other patterns are just a trajectory of price movement and nothing more. The tail does not wag the dog. It is not the pattern that creates the conditions for price movement, it is the causes that cause price fluctuations that create the pattern.

IronBird:
My point is... You have to program.

You have to program sensible thoughts. Programming nonsense from books or this forum is like shaving a pig: a lot of squealing, but no hair.

You have to program a method which allows you to see the Causes of price movements. It is clear that they exist at any time, but they are rarely visible to the naked eye, for example on the first Friday of the month at 5:30 pm. Modern wretched science does not know such a method. It has to be invented, formulated, proved and then programmed.

IronBird:
Take the pattern you find. And to the operating table. First, you need to check if it really works - get some solid statistics. And then, if so, WHY it works.
They say that the hedgehog is a proud bird, until you kick it, it won't fly. How many years of collecting statistics do you need to convince yourself that a hedgehog flies after a kick? It can even fly on different trajectories, collided with a fence - flew back, collided with a bare ass - jumped further together with the ass. This is me explaining on the fingers (or asses...) the essence of patterns. The different patterns do not negate the fact that the reason for the hedgehog's flight was the kicking. By the way, obstacles in the path of a flying hedgehog are the REASON for the change in flight path. If they are not visible or appear unexpectedly, they cannot be predicted in advance, but can be detected in real time from trajectory analysis. Think about it.

AlexeyFX:

I didn't say anything about patterns. More accurately, I said it was heresy and I would never have thought to look for them. All sorts of heads with shoulders, pips with yytes (inverted heads with shoulders) and other patterns are just a trajectory of price movement and nothing more. The tail does not wag the dog. It is not the pattern that creates the conditions for price movement, it is the causes that cause price fluctuations that create the pattern.

You have to program sensible thoughts. Programming nonsense from books or this forum is like shaving a pig: a lot of squealing, but no hair.

You have to program a method which allows you to see the Causes of price movements. It is clear that they exist at any time, but they are rarely visible to the naked eye, for example on the first Friday of the month at 5:30 pm. Modern wretched science does not know such a method. It has to be invented, formulated, proved and then programmed.

They say that the hedgehog is a proud bird, until you kick it, it will not fly. How many years of statistics do you need to convince yourself that the hedgehog flies after a kick? It can even fly on different trajectories, collided with a fence - flew back, collided with a bare ass - jumped further together with the ass. This is me explaining on the fingers (or asses...) the essence of patterns. The different patterns do not negate the fact that the reason for the hedgehog's flight was the kicking. By the way, obstacles in the path of a flying hedgehog are the REASON for the change in flight path. If they are not visible or appear unexpectedly, they cannot be predicted in advance, but can be detected in real time from trajectory analysis. Think about it.
That's for sure! +1000!

AlexeyFX:

It is not the pattern that creates the conditions for price movements, it is the causes that cause price fluctuations that create the pattern.

You have to program sensible thoughts. Programming nonsense from books or this forum is like shaving a pig: lots of squeal but no hair.

You have to program a method which allows you to see the Causes of price movements.

+100%
AlexeyFX:

It is clear that they exist at any given time, but they are rarely visible to the naked eye.

But they are not that rare. It is just that one is initially "accustomed" to look at the market chart from a certain angle. I'm not talking about all sorts of conspiracy theories now, where claims that it's done on purpose to make traders lose money, it's just the way the trading books have worked out, I guess. And you can't do without reading these books at the beginning, you have to startwith something, some kind of a clue. Then you have to get rid of what you've read for a long time.

Reason: