Breaking through the morning flat - which pairs? - page 4

baltik >>:

A lock, in my opinion, is not the solution. The point here is that if we put a lock, we are sure that the first position is open in a trend and it will eventually turn positive. It is easier for the trader purely psychologically when no funds are deducted from the account. But who can say that the trend will continue (for those who want to discuss it, go to https://forum.mql4.com/ru/24013/page1 :)) ? If you use 1-2-3 pattern and work only on the trend, the chances increase significantly. I don't need someone to make an argument about the usefulness of a loc (or link to the same source, "why is stop-loss not profitable for a trader, etc", I think everyone knows who I mean). I think it is better to get that 30-40 pips loss right away and keep working. But something may be added to the Expert Advisor to identify the trend. I'm going to see what we have in the next thread: ))))

Folks, let's not discuss lock here!

On the contrary, I want to build a strategy with as short a stop as possible, and with a good profit to risk ratio

Dserg >>:

Народ, давайте не будем здесь обсуждать лок!

Наоборот, я хочу построить стратегию с максимально коротким стопом, и с хорошим соотношением прибыли к риску

Nothing interesting in the next branch((((

What else to suggest besides 1-2-3 I don't even know. If you use wizards, there will be a lag and many good trades will be missed. Although, at one time I used 3 moving averages: 5-13-34 as a filter. Alternatively, you can open two orders at once: the first to close at TP, and the second to transfer it to Breakeven or use a trawl for it. I have not found a way to find out if the breakdown is true or not((I tried volume and Demark's criteria, it's the same as without them :)))), no difference. I think the result here may be achieved through position distribution.

The channel system itself I think is pure lock i.e. no trend we have a channel and it has 2 sides

if we want to get into the topic, let's add a wrist and the bolinger lines here - you have lost the basis for the channel and the breakdown of this channel

if we define the trend - why do we need a channel that's built on a flat?

I'm not saying that the stock is a cure-all, but there were no other options.

It's up to you ...

I offered just a variant of breaking the lock - to put an order*2

which went the wrong way I think you don't have to write!

The indicator already has a Fibo,

let's give a fibo from the maximum and minimum of the previous day + the zigzag and we have a target with a probability of 61.2% :)

Here are examples with 2 zigzags. But 2 of them are complicated by patterns of Gatley ZUP_v84, where you can see a clear bearish butterfly.

- it is not difficult to guess where the price will go, and the first example is ZigZag_new_nen4

But, as we can see in today's example, we could use 2 orders to go both ways ;(

You can also use the following zigzag from the old code base Parabolic_ZZZ.mq4 by VIC

I plan to try and index the channel break as a Wolf wave...

Dserg писал(а) >>

Folks, let's not discuss lock here!

On the contrary, I want to build a strategy with the shortest possible stop, and with a good profit to risk ratio

I tested it on EUR/USD and GBP/USD. Entry was 20 pips from the breakout, stop 50% of the channel.

Opened with two orders. Target is 161 and 261. In two years one minus -8% per month.

The rest of them are in the plus from 8 to 65% per month.

I have to write an Expert Advisor to optimize the settings.

hiton писал(а) >>

Tested on EUR/USD and GBP/USD. Entry was 20 pips from the breakout, stop 50% from the channel.

Opened with two orders. Target is 161 and 261. In two years one minus -8% per month.

The rest of the profit is from 8 to 65% per month.

Did you put so many orders by hand

in two years?

hiton писал(а) >>

Tested on EUR/USD and GBP/USD. Entry was 20 pips from the breakout, stop 50% from the channel.

The rest of the profit is from 8 to 65% per month.

Increase the lot size in case of loss?

baltik писал(а) >>

Did you put that many warrants by hand

in two years?

Yeah, with my hands on a piece of paper.

Reason: