how much does a profitable system cost? - page 5

Andrei01:
Could you be more specific about what happened?
I have sent you the link in your email.

Andrei01:
Still, it is not clear how it is possible to lose on too big a spread. Well, the order was in deficit, but the price has not changed and it means that even the SL will not work, if it was to lose on it. Seems like there is only one logical variant left - to open an order without checking spread at that moment or not to cancel it in time?

How it will not work? If you trade with MT, it will work. For example: we open a buy position with a stop loss of 50 pips. Suppose we take into account the static spread in 1 or 2 pips. That is, the stop triggered when the offer is further by 50 pips + static spread (let it be 55 pips). And the offer is opened at 100 points - here is the stop loss. And the bid at the same time may go in your direction by 50 pips, for example. Only you will not see a profit. If you have a brokerage platform (like Duca, for example - and please don't take it as an advertisement, I'm not Duca's employee :) ) you can use it to place buy on offer, and sell on bid - but I don't know how it will work.

Good luck.

Techno:
A really profitable system is priceless, no one will sell it. If a trader gets bored with it, he will simply postpone it for another time, that's all.
But they will do it for quite a lot of money. Once I communicated with a representative of a home management company, he hinted that their system (allegedly 100-160% a year) was written by a financial mathematician, an employee of one of Moscow's universities. The remuneration amount in killed raccoons, I was hinted, had at least 5 zeros to the left of the decimal point. In any case, if the system is written for sale, the author expects in advance a guaranteed "bird in the hand" (which, agree, has some advantages over the "crane"), besides, nobody prevents him from using his own system on his own as well.

alsu:
will be, but for quite a lot of money.

One of the few stable ones I know is not for sale, but for rent (closed software with license) for 6K per year. And the variant (not complete, but sufficient to create your own strategy) for MT lies in the public domain on the spider, where, in fact, recovered, there is also on forex-tsd. ;).

Good luck.

I know of one real case of trying to sell a potentially profitable trading strategy. That is, there was a sensible idea and a good theoretical foundation. The deal was for $2 million to refine the system so that it could be actually used on the market. The deal did not go through. However, the negotiations were quite serious, and the amount did not frighten anyone. The buyer was a major investment bank.

2 million is something like 60% a year with a maximum equity drawdown of about 5%?

Of course, we are not talking about 25% per month. That's not a serious figure for serious guys.

Mathemat:

We are not talking about 25% a month. This is not a serious figure for a serious man.

Does it mean little or does it mean a lot?

VladislavVG:

The version (not complete, but sufficient for creating your own strategy) for MT is in the public domain on spider, where, in fact, it was recovered, there is also on forex-tsd. ;).

Can I get the link?

Abzasc:
Not serious in the sense of little or in the sense of much?
25% a month is a lot, too much for a guy like that.

Abzasc:
Not serious in the sense of little or in the sense of much?

I mean high risk.

If you show this result (25% per month) while adhering to the rule: max losses of 1-2% per trade on entry and obligatory stop loss, then there is a chance. If you don't use any leverage, you will be in your class in a couple of years (figuratively, IMHO he could have cared less).

Good luck.

Reason: