Who does JAPAN LIGHTS shine on? - page 3

kch >> :

It's worth it. I started doing it a couple of years ago and am still doing it. I even had an EA at the championship that only took the previous bar for analysis to make a decision.

I recommend when analysing and selecting your targets (eg TP, SL) to switch to the relative values, if that is not the case now.

That's exactly what I do... stops and profits float from... The only thing I use is a profit/stop ratio of 2.5-3.0 but the trawl works

Azzx >> :

Well - it looks like a grail, but the question really interesting. :) I had (somewhere on the forum) the same picture by combinations of two candlesticks and just for the same period. You run it at least a year earlier - I wonder what will come out.

HH-1: SL==TP, based on the parameters? Then why, if on Alpari it is 4?

HH-2: I would be thankful if you could tell me in your PM how exactly you analyzed this one (?! W8-/) bar - in exchange I can share my "grail" approach. :)

No, the profit/stop in the parameters is 4, not 1. I do not understand the part about 4 on Alpari.)

Of course I will, that's why I started a branch, to find comrades-in-arms, discuss TFs, combinations and many other things, it's a ploughed field))))

Hi all! I also made an EA on the last bar analysis + dynamic thr and stop loss

eurusd H1 2009

Files:
ywraap.mq4  4 kb

RomanS >> :

No, the profit/stop in the parameters is 4, not 1. I do not get it on Alpari - 4)))

I mean this. At Alpari it's five digits... However, I understood from my previous posts, it might be the number of candlesticks for SL/TP calculation.

I'll tell you , that's why I started this site, so to say, to find my friends, discuss TFs, combinations and many other things, it's a very hot field here))))

Well, it's a hard field for everybody. :)

Azzx >> :

You may run it one year earlier, I wonder what will happen.

Here are the results for the 2 years from 01.01.2006 to 01.01.2008 after 2008 on page 1...

Parameters are exactly the same!!!! Did not change the principle!!! All the same profit / stop = 4

Profitability is even more, but trades are much less, only 52 during 2 years, in contrast to 225 trades from 2008 till today (i.e. 1 year and 9 months)

Of course, this is because of HL = 450, i.e. the EA does not consider candles less than 45 points. Before 2008 such candles were a rarity!!! but the principle works all the same!!!!

kch >> :

Worth it. I started doing it a couple of years ago, and I keep doing it now.

The further I go, the less I want to do anything with them. Real combinations are formed with a delay of at least the "width of the combination" (e.g. 3 candles). The delay of three hours when working on the hour chart - imho very big.

They are very similar to zigzag to me: just like ZZ candlesticks will wonderfully show you on historical data where and when and how you should have traded. But to work on the current bar which has "nothing on the right" yet.... eagle or belatedly (IMHO).

Azzx >> :

I mean it. At Alpari, the five digits... However, I guess from the previous posts, it must be the number of candlesticks for SL/TP calculation.

Well, it's a very open field here. :)

I still don't understand about the signs))) What difference does it make?

Simply, if the stop is 45 points, then the profit is 45*4=180 points.

That's it... :)

RomanS >> :

Here are the results for the 2 years from 01.01.2006 to 01.01.2008 after 2008 on page 1...

Of course this is because of the HL = 450 parmeter, i.e. the examiner does not consider candles less than 45p. before 2008 such candles were rare!!! but the principle still works out!!!!

The quality of modelling is 50%. :(

RomanS >> :

I still don't understand about the signs))) What difference does it make?

Just if the stop is 45p then the profit is 45*4=180p.

That's all... :)

>> I see. :) And about the signs just - I thought SL/TP were hardwired at first. :)

RomanS писал(а) >>

That's exactly what I do... stops and profits float from... The only thing I use is a profit/stop ratio of 2.5-3.0 but the trawl works

2.5/3 (profit/stop) is not bad.

I do not understand why do you need trawl? If there is a trailing (I do not mean simply rollover to breakeven), then you are not sure of your TP level or something else?

I think we should reach either profit or loss, or exit by time (+ transfer of current deal to Breakeven is possible). And it is better to test the system without trail.

It would be interesting to know what parameters of a pre-bar(s) were used to find the cherished patterns.

Reason: