MetaTrader does not reflect reality ! How can I fight this ? - page 13

Prival писал(а) >>

It is possible to count as well. You can count that way. You can take out a bad trading system with an MM. I think differently - profit in pips and loss in pips. Looking from my point of view, it turns out. to make 2.5 figures takes a lot of effort, but the loss is one-two and in the hole.)

Although if you have TS, which takes a minimum of 2.5 figures, then yes maybe the TS will stand such a loss. But I repeat 2.5 figures is for me an unacceptable loss. at any MM even if I trade with 0.01 lot from your example. The maximum drawdown that I allow 30-40 pips and I'm not sure about it yet, it's too big ...

Ahem... Here is the thing... Wishing for a drawdown of 30-40 pips is not quite correct...

Suppose you trade against the global trend, on a pullback.... you can get a profitable TS...

If you trade against the trend instead of profit only losses, here's why: the number of pullbacks is much higher than the number of targeted movements along the trend....

And pullbacks, as you know, come in different sizes... Example

For this reason, when trading along the trend, you should not limit the drawdown, except to put a stop loss behind the base of the trend....

Prival писал(а) >> Maximal drawdown, that I allow 30-40 pips and I am not sure about it yet.

If you want my opinion - a drawdown of 30-40 points from the category of unrealistic.....It is certainly possible to fight for it, for the sake of sport, but here is the question - but will you be able to achieve it and when?

Well don't, I'm not complaining about not being able to make money. I'm just looking for what I personally need. I'm probably even more interested in exploring that curve than earning it. I hope you won't deny that you have to strive for the ideal. The ideal is a fully reversible system that has no drawdown in pips. It may be impossible to build it, but I think it should be strived for.

If you do good, you may succeed, but if you do not do good at once, you'll never succeed.

You are experienced traders,I am not a beginner. i think you and i would really, really like to see such a system.

LeoV >> :

If you want my opinion - a drawdown of 30-40 pips is unreal.....

I should add: +3-4 points (in fact, spread) to this drawdown increases it by 10%, which is already a lot and causes problems with the broker (slips, requotes...)

An example of Leonid's TS:

LeoV >> :

... Since September and up to now his TS has earned 6700 pips with maximal drawdown 1050 pips. Is this a good or a bad TS?

The same 3-4 pips will simply be unnoticeable with a drawdown of more than 1000 pips.

We should strive for robust TS. It will save both trader's and investor's nerves and deposit.

And there's a tick history in Dukas if you need it badly. With separate bid/ask for each tick.

Prival >> :

I hope you will not deny that you have to strive for the ideal. The ideal is a fully flipped system with no drawdown in pips. Yes, this is probably impossible to build, but I think you should strive for it.

Of course you should, but such an ideal TS will work in ideal conditions. And the broker will use the rose-colored glasses on the real account.

Prival >> :

I don't think that you should strive for it, you have to go for it.leoV goldtrader you are experienced traders and i'm not a beginner. i don't think you can convince me that i think wrong and want to make a fool of myself. I think you and I would really, really like to have a look at it.

I really wish I could - I really do.

Prival, the answer is in your own answer.

Prival писал(а) >> I'm probably even more interested in exploring this curve than making money.

I'm more interested in making money than exploring. That is where we differ. Theoretically everything is possible, but practically it is a big question......

Prival wrote(a) >> Once upon a time I met an old craftsman, his favourite saying was, you have to do well, then maybe you'll do well.

Why the fuck not? Who told you that a 1000-point drawdown is bullshit? Where is it written? If you think so, it's your opinion, not f...ya.

Prival wrote(a) >> LeoV goldtrader you are experienced traders. and i'm not a beginner. convince me that i think wrong and want to do nonsense, i don't think you can. i think you and i would really, really like to see such a system.

No one is going to convince you of anything - it's useless. We are more of a practitioner, you are more of a theorist - that is the difference. The only question is, how will this theory of yours fit in with practice? For it to fit together properly, as I understand it, you need several conditions, which you yourself have written -

1. A perfect Internet.

2. a perfect broker

3. a perfect forex broker.

4. a perfect platform.

>> Do you think it's all realistic?

LeoV писал(а) >>

Prival, ...

1. the perfect internet

2. the perfect broker.

3. the perfect forex broker.

4. The perfect platform.

Do you think it's all realistic?

1 and 3 can be omitted. 1 can be solved technically, to a certain extent (reserving, hosting on the trading server, the connection to the analysis system of several brokerage companies). Forex is as it is and as it will be, we cannot change anything. But the ideal broker and the platform, I think this is not science fiction. The ideal broker is the one who allows you to withdraw quickly and without problems. But for the platform that he uses, it is up to the developers. They read the forum, they think how to do it all, and maybe they will.

Would you give up an ideal platform?

I sure as hell won't.

Yesterday I got stuck in a gap :( Gap just through the stop-loss, trades were not closed, I lost my deposit because of it :(.

Prival писал(а) >> But a perfect broker and platform, I think, is not fantasy.

That's not going to happen. Don't live under illusions. Be realistic......)))) What have you seen perfect in this life?

LeoV писал(а) >>

That's not going to happen. Don't live under illusions. Be realistic......))))

What do you think you should give up researching and try trading already ). In principle you can. I have 1 stage left before checking. It might work, but I need to run it through a neural network (make sure it works). If it works, I will put it on some ATS contest and will go further with multicurrency analysis.

Reason: