When is the new version of MT5 and where do you find out what's expected in it? - page 20

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:
Real ticks are on the MT5 server

but for some reason testing against real MT ticks

and the broker's real ticks

is very different.

Lilita Bogachkova:

but for some reason testing against real MT ticks

and the broker's real ticks

is very different.

Why should it be the same? The market is decentralised. If we are talking about forex now.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
And why should it be the same? The market is decentralized. If we are talking about the Forex market now.

I just have this paranoia that the real MT5 ticks as well as the instrument price in the MT4 MQ demo account does not match the real market price.

MQ MT5

broker

Although there is an advantage in this, as long as the EA works on different real ticks it means that the EA is more stable.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:
Real ticks are available on the MT5 server
Who is the provider of these real ticks? What is their depth? And if deep enough, do the meta-quotes appear to have accumulated them?

And another question, does the test in the new build take into account floating spread (i.e. does the tester take into account both real asc and bid?) or is it just bid + fixed spread set by user (as it is now in mt4)? In the new mt5 terminal I couldn't even find spread parameter in settings.

marker:
And another question, does the test in the new build take into account floating spread (i.e. does the tester take into account both real asc and bid?) or is it just bid + fixed spread set by user (as it is now in mt4)? I did not even find spread parameter in new mt5 terminal in settings.

Bid and Ask are real.

Lilita Bogachkova

If you have understood how to use real broker's ticks in mt5, then why do you need metaquotes? You need to use the quotes from your broker, at which you trade. The price at one broker may be different from the price at the other at the same moment in time, this is not the stock exchange where the price is the same, like for example at CME.

You can do an experiment, run at the same area at the same timeframe the same bot but with a tick history from two different brokers - the results will differ if they differ not dramatically, but this is normal (because after all the prices in all brokerage houses about the same), but if the differences are cardinal, then your bot is too sensitive to differences in quotations, like that)

elibrarius:
The bid and ask are real.
I.e. if I feed the terminal my broker's tick history with bid and ask, it will take into account both bid and ask? And in what format should the tick data be in mt5, so that mt5 terminal "read" them? Have you opened this file and seen for yourself that there is the price of asc and bid? And what else is in it?

marker:
I.e. if I feed the terminal my broker's tick history with bid and ask it will take into account both bid and ask? And in what format should the tick data be in mt5 for the mt5 terminal to "read" it? Have you opened this file and seen for yourself that there is the price of asc and bid? What else is there?

I can't "feed" my story yet. When your broker will update to a new version of MT5, he will give you his tick data. I do not know how to view the file, but I ran in the tester an Expert Advisor to collect ticks, and then compared them with data collected from the real account

There is a screenshot comparison on page 5 https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/76945/page5

elibrarius:

Bid and Ask are real. There is a screenshot-comparison of quotes from metaquotes and recorded from real DC account on the 5th page https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/76945/page5

"When I look at the picture I see that ticks in the tester are very close to real ones. Of course it is good, but 7 years of metaquotes is not for this good emulation they were tested using real ticks. I do not want to use any precise emulation, even if it is 99.9%. I want to test on real ticks of my broker and that's it.

This is why I have a question, what is the default test for real ticks in this new build? Where are the ticks from, from which vendor? The real ones are the ones I collected from my broker (or another broker) and put them into mt5)

Reason: