[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 1073

Kostay:
if (0.382<d<0.618) then fractal Up is true and put the value.

In this expression 0.382<d is first calculated, i.e. true or false, and then the logical value is compared to a number, which makes no sense.

Right:

if(0.382<d && d<0.618)

leksiq:
Also related to the previous question: how to dynamically change the "spread" symbol property when testing. Without it when testing on distant historical data you get unrealistic profitability, because the volatility is higher there. I think the spread was different back then. Seems like a logical spread = 0.4*ATR on a minute chart
What do you mean "dynamically" ? Output the "spread" parameter to an external variable and change it in the tester under "Expert Advisor Properties" in the "Input parameters" tab

leksiq:
Comrade wasn't referring to external variables, but to the value returned by MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL), it seems to me...
Can the minimum distance limit be 300 p.?

volshebnik:
What do you mean by "dynamically"? Output the "spread" parameter to an external variable and change it in the tester under "Expert properties" in the "Input parameters" tab
It won't help, the trade will not take place, if Ask != Bid + MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD), there will be an error. That's the point, the tester, not the Expert Advisor, has to assume that the spread has the value I want.

Could it be a glitch in my terminal? Look what STOPLEVEL you have on the eurodollar pair. I do not know what to do. In the tester the stop level is 300p, in the EA the SL is less than 300p, in the log there is an error 130 when trying to place an order.

prom18:
Could it be a glitch in my terminal? Look what STOPLEVEL you have on the eurodollar pair. I do not know what to do. In the tester the stop level is 300p, in the EA the SL is less than 300p, in the log there is an error 130 when trying to place an order.
I have 10

leksiq:
I have 10

10 so what? we are happy for you.

but Alpari sometimes widens the stoplevel and now it is 300. and the question is how to change this value for the tester

T-G:

10 so what? we are happy for you.

But Alpari sometimes moves the stoplevel and now it is 300. and the question is how to change this value for the tester

CodeBase has a script for editing such things.

I'll have to disconnect from the internet.

T-G:

10 and what? we are happy for you.

but alpari sometimes widens the stoplevel and now it is 300. and the question is how to change this value for the tester

i kinda just answered the question "how much do you have?

Vinin:

CodeBase has a script for editing such things.

You'll have to disconnect from the internet, though.

I couldn't find a script there. Point me in the direction of it.

Reason: