FOREX - Trends, forecasts and implications 2016 - page 12

Oleg Tsarkov:
If your stats are so good, why are you using overexposure in your signals? Set SL=TP and the statistics will bring you to profit, especially since with such a percentage of profitable trades you can also include a martin.
Now I use the mode that you indicate, namely SP=SL=300 pips. (4 signs) on TF D1. Only in case of gold I am experimenting with counter-trend with TP=30.00 (3000) pips, with SL=0 (without stops). The result of the experiment is negative because of overstaying, despite the fact that the deposit has increased 2.5 times in 1.5 years...

Vadens:

2.While through your Gunn trajectories I cannot predict the future, because I do not know the theory. As you know, Gunn did not leave the theory, you are gaining experience. I am closer to the body of the ready fibosector system Geometry of the Universe. I see well the trajectories in fibo-angles of different importance, they are simpler and less than Gunn's. I see well the sectors and know their influence in practice, and in combination with horizontals, it's a fairy tale!

3. Once again I refuse (perhaps because of age) from futures volumes and option levels. This is a life of its own! The Dealing with the producer, the exchange files, the payments and the cumbersome delivery of my data. And I, in accordance with Rule No. 8, do not buy anything: "All that sells or has no practical value. You won't believe it, but the guesswork on the exchange forums is similar to that of the "simple" ones with MT.

I do not deal with options and futures for a simple reason. This sector of the currency market firstly is insignificant in volume, and secondly, the analysis will give the mood of some speculators and nothing more.

The old one was trying to persuade me that you don't have to eat the whole pot to know what the soup is like. But I don't think you can get the taste of soup by eating a pea or a bay leaf...

Fibos have given me nothing but disappointment so far.

I've run corners on important points in the story, and there's plenty of room... ...there's plenty to play with...

Vadens:

I'll summarise the intermediate results:

1. the horizontal indicator would not be bad, because according to "my technology" it places magnets on the chart quite correctly. that attract the price with different intensity and algorithm, and this is in comparison with all horizontal indicators that I managed to build.

But there's a transfer of graphoanalysis to robotics. As an engineer by training, I think it's technically possible, but I don't know how. If you know how to draw a horizontal level on the top of the terminal line break, then you will also know how to mark the contact of differently directed bends on different TFs, how to set the thickness and colour of levels.

What to impose additionally on the levels, everyone decides for himself, in principle, they are self-sufficient.

Now let's move on to contour lines.

The "top of the break line of the terminal" sounds nice, but is not clear. If you mean the change of trend, then it raises the question what is a change and what is a correction... And drawing a line with a coordinate is a task for novice programmers.

Nestradamus:

Now let's get to the horizontals.

"The top of the terminal line break" sounds nice, but it's not clear. If you mean a trend change, then the question arises what is a change and what is a correction... And to draw a line with a coordinate is a task for novice programmers.

If a chart is displayed not as a bar but as a line:

Screenshots of the MetaTrader trading platform

AUDCAD, H1, 2016.01.10

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

Type of chart - line

AUDCAD, H1, 2016.01.10, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Maybe the "kink" will become clearer

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
I am currently using the mode you indicate, namely TP=SL=300 pips. (4 digits) on TF D1. Only in case of gold I am experimenting with counter-trend with TP=30,00 (3000) pips, with SL=0 (without stops). The result of the experiment is negative because of overstaying, despite the fact that the deposit has increased 2.5 times in 1.5 years...

300 pips is a lot, you just do not have time to earn decent money, and by the time you close by TP, the market situation will have already changed, so what is the point of holding an order that does not correspond to reality?

Roughly speaking, I would distinguish four basic variants of TP:

1. Opening based on a signal, closing based on the signal (with or without the opening to the other side).

2. opening by a signal with TP and SL. The orders are closed by themselves, without your participation. It is important to select the correct pips. At the moment I would choose 40-50 pips for EURUSD at 4 digits.

3) Opening based on a signal with TP and without the SL. It will lead to overpricing with a predictable result.

4 Opening with SL without TP with trailing connection.

Your signals for opening of a trade can be used under any variant of the TS with variations. If you do not use variant 3, over-exposure, which is present in all of your signals, will not occur.

Why don't you use the first option? It's a safe bet, and you can put a 300 pips SL in case of a cataclysm. On the random you will be walking around zero minus the spreads. If the idea is right, you will be in the black.

The second option doesn't give good profits without martinisation connected, spreads eat up a decent chunk of profits.

Karputov Vladimir:

If the graph is displayed as a line rather than as bars:

perhaps the notion of a "kink" would become clearer

Exactly! A break/corner of the terminal line in the "line" mode. In the local case it may be everything - change of trend, correction, flat. The level is formed when the price tests it from different positions, it is a confirmed level.

Nestradamus:

Now let's get to the horizontals.

.................. is a task for aspiring programmers.

I'm glad!

Nestradamus:
....................................................................................

Fiboshki has given me nothing but disappointment so far.

...................................................................................

Look at the fans on the history (the template is enclosed), you won't find a single blue sector that hasn't worked out. Sometimes blue sectors may split up into smaller ones, but they work out.

It also happens, but very seldom...... but accurate, when the price goes against everything-fibo, Gann, futures volumes, I don't know the counteraction except stop and b/w.

The guru thinks it is a program, I think it is a "hit-and-run", maybe some sharp news, but it is the same thing.

Files:

Karputov Vladimir:

If the graph is displayed as a line rather than as bars:

perhaps the notion of a "kink" becomes more explicit.

In the form of a line the chart loses its peaks that are absolute values (well, I already stopped at that).

And the difficulty of choosing between a change of trend and a correction depends on the scale of the history in question (you may not find one-hour peaks in weeks)...

And here is the dilemma - to analyze months and sit for weeks without deals, or to analyze minutes and earn a nervous breakdown...

I try to analyze the whole spectrum and work in the middle (intraday), for which I get criticism from both truckers and scalpers

Vadens:

Look at the fans on history.

Sorry to pry, but maths is a science that requires precision.

Reason: