A visual studio on the MT4 platform. - page 2

Реter Konow:
Do developers need Visual Studio to develop the interface of their applications on MT4/MT5 platforms?
It would be interesting to get to the EA and indicator settings (before EA code execution) - extra menus would be really useful there.

-Aleks-:
It would be interesting to get to EAs and indicators settings (before EA code execution) - additional menus would be really useful there.

Three years ago they wrote a solitaire game called Solitaire for MetaTrader 5 for fun: there's mouse dragging, sounds and a full-fledged game.

This is as a demonstration of what can be done within the terminal. We could also put Doom inside - it would work without brakes.

Download yourself ex5 file - it was really compiled 3 years ago and works without changes.

Files:
Klondike.ex5  1544 kb

Here is another live-fire indicator on the chart. https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/1951

Lives its life regardless of price arrivals:

Flame
Flame
  • votes: 30
  • Renat Fatkhullin
  • www.mql5.com
Индикатор показывает метод рисования градиентных полупрозрачных областей с независимой частотой обновлений.

-Aleks-:
It would be interesting to get to the settings of EAs and indicators (before the execution of EA code) - additional menus would be really useful there.
Imagine that the developer could distribute the settings of his EA in different windows, where they would be grouped into categories, and the user would not have to scroll through a huge table of all settings, looking for the needed parameter. Also, reconfiguring the strategy settings without having to disconnect the Expert Advisor from its work and not necessarily recompile it, is not a bad idea either.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
And for nothing. It's a waste of time and effort. IMHO, of course. It is akin to inventing crutches for a disabled person from birth. Although, in the case of an invalid, it is really necessary.

I'm not very clear on the reason for your frustration with MQL. First of all it offers all standard programming tools used in all languages, including OOP. Taking into account the specificity of tasks, for which this language is developed (namely, writing indicators and programs for market trading), it's hard to find a problem, that it can not cope with. So far I haven't managed to do it, at least not yet.

Tell us what exactly you are missing and what problems the language has not helped you to solve?

Renat Fatkhullin:

Here is another live-fire indicator on the chart. https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/1951

Lives its life regardless of price arrivals:

It is this breadth of MQL features that helps me develop my project. Many thanks to the developers!

Реter Konow:
It's this wide range of MQLQLQLQLQL features that helps me develop my project. Many thanks to the developers!

The project is very interesting. Particularly interesting is the work with tables. I have the following questions:

• Are DLLs used?
  • Need documentation and API. How do you plan to publish it?
  • Is it possible to create interfaces dynamically? For example, depending on the settings, load a table with different number of columns or columns? With different column names formed depending on the settings?
  • What are the conditions for using? Cost?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

The project is very interesting. Particularly interesting is the work with tables. I have the following questions:

• Are DLLs used?
  • Need documentation and API. How do you plan to publish it?
  • Is it possible to create interfaces dynamically? For example, depending on the settings, load a table with different number of columns or columns? With different column names formed depending on the settings?
  • What are the conditions for using? How much?

Good afternoon.

I will answer in order:

• To create an interface on the MT4/MT5 platform, you will not need a DLL. The studio will be completely independent of third-party connections. By creating windows using available templates, but being free to define properties of windows and controls within reasonable limits, a user will have to think over the interface of his program and implement it using provided tools and resources. He will have ready forms of windows and controls with standard behavior at his disposal, from which he will build his application's interface. The user's project will be saved as a file containing technical information (which is generated automatically). The user will write the names of his application variables in special tables, through which they will be assigned to the corresponding interface controls (his choice). Each control will define the value of the parameter assigned to it according to its own specifics (default). The user will need to assign their parameter to the correct control. Very simple.)
  • There's no need for an API, and documentation will be provided for sure, as a text file. Perhaps the documentation will be in the studio itself. I'll think about it.
  • Undoubtedly, dynamic table creation will be there. However, I have a "Table" control, by stretching it is easy to create a table with any number of rows and columns. To set their length, height, location and names, there will be a special settings window.
  • Considering that the studio will only be rented out, the price will be very reasonable and affordable for all developers.
Thank you for your questions.

Реter Konow:
Imagine that the developer could distribute the settings of his EA in different windows where they would be grouped by categories, and the user would not have to scroll through a huge table of all settings, looking for the needed parameter. And reconfiguring the strategy settings without having to put the EA out of action, and not necessarily recompile it, is not a bad idea either.
Konow tag:

I'm not very clear on the reason for your frustration with MQL. First of all it offers all standard programming tools used in all languages, including OOP. Taking into account the specificity of tasks, for which this language is developed (namely, writing indicators and programs for market trading), it's hard to find a problem, that it can not cope with. So far I haven't managed to do it, anyway.

Tell us, what exactly you lack, and what problems the language hasn't helped you to solve?

I've been trying to ask a question for a few years now, and I've found it.

The question.

Suppose I have a vector "a" and want to draw it (you can't draw statistics without it).

How do I draw this vector. In R it's plot(a, ...)/

And how in µl?

СанСаныч Фоменко:

Been trying to ask a question for a few years - found one.

Question.

Suppose there is a vector "a" and I want to draw it (statistics without drawing is unthinkable)

How to draw this vector. In R it's plot(a, ...)/

And how in MQL?

In MQL it is very simple. The ObjectCreate() function creates objects of different types. The ObjectSetInteger(), ObjectSetDouble and ObjectSetString() functions, set properties of the created objects. You can read more about the types of created objects and setting their properties in the documentation.

Graphic functions: https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/objects

Object types: https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/constants/objectconstants/enum_object

Документация по MQL5: Графические объекты
Документация по MQL5: Графические объекты
  • www.mql5.com
Графические объекты - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5
Reason: