How to protect yourself against copying long trades from the tester - page 5

George Merts:

Fuck you, not the history file !!!

Attempting to open the history file returns error 4059 -"Function not allowed in test mode" .

The question remains open.

It is necessary to find out from the tester the moment of the last real quotation in the terminal.

Then through WinApi

Vitalie Postolache:
I wonder if the author of this thread can give at least one example when someone was able to reproduce the results of testing and make profit? With only demo EA in the tester and nothing else?
It all depends on how the Expert Advisor works. If it works on five-minute trades, then to copy the trades we would need a fairly sophisticated copier. And it will most likely not be worth the effort. However, when the Expert Advisor works on daily periods and we obtain 15-30 trades per year, it becomes quite realistic to run the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester every day and then copy it into another terminal. So far, this practice has been revealed once and the author of the TS for which I made the owl wants to exclude such a possibility.

Make a free script which will query the world time, encrypt it with your key and output it as some sort of signature string using a web-request.

In the Expert Advisor, make an input parameter for the tester, where this signature should be entered. Without it, the Expert Advisor will not work in the Strategy Tester. If it is specified, decrypt the world time and set constraints from it.

Stanislav Korotky:

Make a free script which will query the world time, encrypt it with your key and output it as some sort of signature string using a web-request.

In the Expert Advisor, make an input parameter for the tester, where this signature should be entered. Without it, the Expert Advisor will not work in the Strategy Tester. If it is specified, decrypt the world time and set constraints from it.

The buyers don't like it.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
the fuss, the buyers don't like it.
i think it's not hard for the metaquotes to add a function that will give the real time in the tester, will they just do it?

George Merts:
It all depends on how the EA works. If it works on pentameters, then it requires a rather sophisticated copier to copy trades. And it's probably not worth the effort. However, when the Expert Advisor works on daily periods and we obtain 15-30 trades per year, it becomes quite realistic to run the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester every day and then copy it into another terminal. So far, this practice has been revealed once and the author of the TS for which I made the owl wants to exclude such a possibility.

This is nonsense and utterly stupid.

No one is going to bother running a tester even once a day to trade on your even the most mega-lucrative strategy.

Yes, someone may indulge you for a week, and someone may blackmail you by reselling signals.

But this is not a problem worth solving, if you have a profitable strategy. It's much harder to find fodder to take money out of the bank ;)

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
friction, the buyers don't like it.
However, this seems to be the only real way without dll right now. As in the marketplace it is not allowed to publish EAs with linkage to dll, there will be troubles for users anyway, i.e. at least it will be necessary to require separate dll download and link it to the EA.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

This is nonsense and utterly stupid.

No one is going to bother running a tester even once a day to trade on your even the most mega-lucrative strategy.

Yes, someone may indulge you for a week, and someone may blackmail you by reselling signals.

But this is not a problem worth solving, if you have a profitable strategy. It's much harder to find trucks to take money out of the bank ;)

Well, how can I put it... Once there was a situation with reselling signals, and now there are clients who use this TS to work on their PAMMs.

This TS is not very "super-duper profitable", however, its stability is very high. And the main thing - the ability to copy trades from the tester is not convenient to its author. And he suggests me, as a programmer, to think how to solve this problem.

Stanislav Korotky:

Yes, this is a good possibility.

I agree that clients don't like this kind of mess, but still, it is much better than using DLL.

Игорь Герасько:
Even if you could, it still doesn't do anything. The task is to find out the real current time from the tester without using API.

Why wouldn't it do anything? Depending on the end date of the test, the Expert Advisor could end its work or switch to "close only" mode exactly for the specified amount of time before the end of the test, not for the current time.

Well, I put the test to 01.01.2015, and EA goes to "close only" mode from 01.12.2014, put the current date, 23.06.2015 anyway EA will go to "close only" mode on 23.05.2015... Exactly one month before the end of the test. And no matter where you move the computer time... the result will remain the same, one month before the end of the test.

But if there are no options to find out the end date of the test, then the idea is also unrealistic.

Reason: