How to protect yourself against copying long trades from the tester - page 2

George Merts:

I quickly thought, write the file and read the time of its creation, but here again a sneaky user can transfer the time of the computer.

ZS: if for quadruple, read history file, search for last bar (zero) and stop test n bars before the last bar

but even here a clever user (with above average terminal knowledge) can add a history for N bars )

ZS: yes, the easiest way to get the number of bars on the chart(iBars), from the current time, subtract the time of the first (the leftmost) and when the difference will be less or equal to n bars to stop the test.

Although iBars will not work, you need to look in the history file.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

quick thought, write the file and read the time it was created, but then again, a tricky user could override the computer's time.

Exactly. This is the only way to find out the real time of the computer from the tester. This is how I do it.

But, the user can transfer the time as you correctly said.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

ZS: if for quadruple, then read history file by which owls start, look for last bar(zero) and stop test for n bars before last

Not good. In the strategy tester, the history is not given in full, but by ticks, and "stopping the tester for a few bars" is impossible. And opening of the history file is a variant of using DLL that we would like to avoid. If we use DLL - then the time request from the Internet seems to me to be the most reliable.

Dmitiry Ananiev:
What settings should be inserted and where ? TimrCurrent() - server time. In the tester, it is the arrival time of ticks on the server time. As long as I write owls to the local time of the computer never attached.

Dimitri, the challenge is to stop processing ticks in the tester in advance of the real date. For this you need to know this real date. From the tester it can be found only as written above - by file operation. But, if a sly user moves the time on the computer ahead, the file operation will also give not the real time, but the time shifted forward.

The problem, in fact, is that if expert works on timeframe M5 and above (a special problem on the daily) - it becomes possible to run it in a strategy tester and read the last action, transferring it to another terminal and not to buy an EA, using only the demo version.

George Merts:
No good. In the strategy tester, the history is not given in full, but by ticks, and it is impossible to "stop the tester in a few bars". Opening of the history file is an option with a self-written DLL, which we would like to avoid. If it is with DLL, then the time request from the Internet seems to me to be the most reliable.
If we do not know how to stop it, I mean that the Expert Advisor will no longer react to signals.

The only way to securely check the robot is to hang a meta-quotes server like in the championships, a bunch of selling robots hangs around, trades, sellers have access to the robots, but all their actions are recorded and posted for all to see. They can fix positions manually, change parameters, everybody sees everything. Only this is utopia unfortunately...

Is there no way of knowing the final date of the test?

Alexey Viktorov:
Is there no way to find out the final date of the test?
Even if you could, it would still be useless. The task is to find out the real current time from the tester without using the API.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
meant that the EA would stop responding to the signals.
Yes, I got that. But again, in the strategy tester - you get ticks sequentially, and you don't know when you will have the last tick.

Игорь Герасько:
Even if it could, it still does nothing. The task is to find out the real current time from the tester without using the API.

Just if you could - everything is solved.

The actual current time from the tester is found out by means of a file operation. This is of course a perversion, but it really works.

If anyone has any ideas about the end of test time from the tester, please share.

Reason: