How to protect yourself against copying long trades from the tester - page 8

Игорь Герасько:

This is a far cry from being stupid or lazy)).

Imagine how much fiddling would have to be done:

1. Write a script which replaces the times of the bars in the history.

2. disconnect from the internet, so that the new real bars are not mixed with the substituted ones.

3. Run the script, substituting the times.

4. Start testing. Get the direction of the trade.

5. Run the script to return the bar times to normal.

6. Connect to the Internet.

This is far from being a "freebie"...

there's already a script like this)

I'm thinking about making it free for downloading )

Tapochun:
Honestly, guys, I think you should have started the discussion on this topic for nothing. I think a lot of people didn't even think it was possible to do this before, and here you've discussed it all and given people a great idea and a way to implement it without paying for EAs working on higher TFs.
This is only for long and medium term strategies, for intra-medium term strategies it may be useless.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

such a script already exists )

I'm thinking of making it free to download)

Ah, well, then I apologize. Didn't realise you were promoting the script here ;)

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

such a script already exists )

I'm thinking of making it free to download)

What other script. The quote archives are not accessible from the sandbox.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
This is only for long-term and medium-term strategies; for intra-medium-term ones, it may not be useful.
Yes, that's what I wrote, but still, the usefulness of the discussion is questionable. It is useful, no doubt, but is it worth telling the others about it because of one person, who has understood that it can be done? That's the conundrum for me...

Vasiliy Sokolov:
What script? Access to quotation archives from the file sandbox is closed.

You don't even need a script, just change the time of the last bar manually and test with the internet switched off.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
Foolproofing, if desired, can also be circumvented by swapping the time bars in the history file...

Yes, I agree, but you have to be too clever a user to do this.

However, in my opinion, "spinning the time" on the computer and changing the bars in the history files are significantly different qualifications of the user.

A reasonable compromise should be made.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

You don't even need a script, just change the time of the last bar manually and test with the internet switched off.

The last bar will not work. We will need to change the entire history + history of all other symbols, because who prevents the expert in the strategy tester to refer to an arbitrary time series.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
The last bar won't work. You would need to change the entire history + history of all other characters, because who prevents the expert in the strategy tester from referring to an arbitrary time series.

What's up?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

At the end of the test, it writes the last time memorised to a special file.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

how's that?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

At the end of the test, it records the remembered last time in a special file.

That's right, it records the last time, not the time of the last bar.

Reason: