a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 152

И что значит "рихтует историю"?

Some indicators have a return pass to remove "extra" swings and this can be done on a given range of bars. Realistically this leads to a change in the indicator readings - other extrema in other places. But it can only be done on history, because it will not be easy to distinguish the situation in real time (so far I have no idea how). The zig-zag built into MT4 also suffers from the same (parameter ExtBackstep). For search of patterns it is not very essential (I mean unnecessary sweeps). Much worse is that after a certain period of time a trader may see a different picture than in the real time. But this is IMHO. Perhaps there are algorithms allowing to determine at the current time the truth (falsity) of an extremum (alternatively, there are strategies that allow to use these indicators with such properties).

The indicator has everything you need to solve this problem.

So I am saying that it will not be difficult to automate the search for patterns with your programming experience. Moreover, the algorithms there are simple and well described.

Regards, Vladislav.
Good luck and good trends.
I have done it in such a way that extrema are located the same way both in realtime and on the history. Only the zigzag (6) zigzag, where I work with mt zigzag, sometimes appears to be an outrage on the last ray. But it's a matter of time. I'll find something to feed him to choke on and stop bullying.

<br / translate="no"> There seems to be something coming off the eu indicator. As far as I understand it must be a signal for the eu to fall or what?
The explanatory picture is taken from here http://www.harmonictrader.com/price_patternsbfly.htm

Yes, in this case it is a signal to go short. But what should be checked - if the Zig-Zag redraws extremums (as built in MT), this signal may be modified on the next bar or may be cancelled with time because the ratios are violated. And also, if it is a harmonic_06 - place it on a light background: it also draws objectives in dark colour - they are not visible otherwise. I think you will understand. Actually, due to such "tricks" I had to select extrema in a not very trivial way - they are related to channels.

By the way, I have no short signals on Jews. Or it's just an example, not the current situation and I have got it wrong ?

Sincerely, Vladislav.

I see. There's a way of putting it. Zigzag gives out erroneous data. Correcting the errors - I don't consider it straightening. There are some fundamental errors in the zigzag algorithm. There are moments where whoever programmed it didn't fully understand what it was doing. This is the first one. The second. The person, or rather the "chain of people" who took part in its development didn't really care about the end result. This is an exercise in programming. The zigzag that comes with MT is a flaw. A half-finished product. A lot of people use it. But few have tried to figure out its algorithm. And those who have tried, have not fully corrected it either.

But the ideas behind it are good. It is difficult to bring these ideas to their logical conclusion. It is exhausting.

Correcting mistakes is not straightening.

By the way, I don't have any short signals on the euR. Or is it just an example and not the current situation and I have got it wrong?

No, this is the current situation. That is what my indicator is drawing at the moment. I have InterbankFx terminal. If you don't have it drawn, it's probably just the differences in the quotes that play a role.
I have it on a light background. I have seen the squares that represent targets. Thanks for the tip!

PS: And now I have a practical joke! New bar came. The butterfly colouring has disappeared and the target has diametrically changed its direction. It was a short to 1,25, and now it shows long to 1,2725.
Here is how you should understand this indicator. It takes a long time to understand how to use it!

<br/ translate="no"> But the ideas behind it are good. It's hard to take those ideas to their logical conclusion. It is exhausting.

Correcting mistakes is not straightening.

Actually, if an error can be corrected, let's say, "right now" and so that the trader does not see it, then it is quite possible. Otherwise it may be easier (again, IMHO) - to use another, though not so "correct" algorithm. For searching of patterns, if we introduce tolerances on fibo ratios and confirmatory filters, it is quite acceptable. Moreover, your MQL5 has such algorithms - I didn't say that all indicators there are "rehashing the history".

Sincerely, Vladislav.
Good luck and interesting trends.

Was - short to 1.25 and now it shows long to 1.2725.<br/ translate="no">.

These are the "surprises" of the Zig-Zag algorithm. What I wrote about earlier in the thread. The pattern search algorithm itself has nothing to do with it.

So understand this indicator. It takes a long time to figure out how to use it!

IMHO - the only way: to write your own. This one can only be taken as a basis. And it's not for nothing that they placed it in open access (somewhere there is an earlier version). And if you look at the charts on this forum - you can see: they trade by others.

Regards, Vladislav.

Yes, it's all there. But what makes MT's (standard) zigzag advantageous. When I fixed its algorithm (unfortunately, not to the end), it became possible to apply it with the same parameters on all timeframes. As I was told by the wave makers, it began to correctly decompose the waves of different wave levels. And when moving to another wave level, of a smaller order, the higher wave level began to decompose into smaller ones. Previously (on an uncorrected zigzag) this was not the case. With other algorithms, the zigzags do not allow to work on all timeframes with the same parameters. You have to select your own parameters for different timeframes. This is an important point. I haven't tried to make friends with waves myself. It takes some time. But there is a rational reason for the indicator to find extrema precisely where the end of the wave is... The end of the wave is a turning point.

Please do not be too critical of this statement. I understand all the points that may cause criticism.

<br / translate="no"> Please don't be too critical of this statement. I understand all the points that could cause criticism.

In fact, I am far from being critical: anything that makes a profit in the market is worthy of attention and use. I have just presented my thoughts about the difficulties that may arise when using such indicators for automatic trading. But again, this is IMHO. If someone is friendly with EVA and knows the criteria for determining the correctness of a markup, maybe it's not so important to him....

Actually interesting - your corrected Zig-Zag hasn't been tried. Is it the one that comes with version 44 ?

Regards, Vladislav.
Good luck and happy trailing trends.

Yes, with version 44. Others have had a hand in it besides me. There's only one mistake left. On the last beam. It doesn't always show up.

So as not to be unsubstantiated by saying that there are errors in the mt zigzag algorithm, here is the link http://onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=118&view=findpost&p=106493
This link has an analysis of the error in the zigzag.

To check correctness of these conclusions, let's place in the code of zigzag after lines, where there is a record in the buffer of found values:
ExtMapBuffer[shift]=val; - writing string to the buffer
if (shift<13 && val>0) Print ("shift="+shift+" low val="+val+" Low[shift]="+Low[shift]); - check what is written there and where it is written to

ExtMapBuffer2[shift]=val;
if (shift<13 && val>0) Print ("shift="+shift+" high val="+val+" High[shift]="+High[shift]);

The check is performed on minutes and the number of bars checked can be set differently than 13

Immediately we see that the zigzag buffers contain rubbish. And everyone works with this rubbish.
Everybody thinks that the zigzag produces something correct. But in reality? The root of many systems is the zigzag. And the backbone is rotten.
Reason: