a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 159

I do not agree with you, as I think that one failed transaction cannot prove anything in principle. And if tomorrow a meteorite falls on Europe or America, no one is safe from a force majeure, not to mention the flaws and errors in the theory itself, so for me personally one forecast that has not come true or has come true means nothing.

Of course, I think so too. I wasn't referring to the statistics or the "final verdict", after all.
It's about an occasion for reflection. For me personally. :-)
You have to agree that 2 months is a long time. And while anything can happen during such a long period of time, it is the long periods that best reveal the patterns of movements, rather than their chaotic nature. So, if force majeure does not occur, one experiment may give a good reason.

The picture in the first post of this page reminded me of the picture my friend from America, who plays stock indices for a living, is looking at. He used to play on Forex, but he says that it is more convenient to earn on indices. <br / translate="no"> At home, he has set up a professional market place with 7 monitors and 2 computers. He has been in this business for about 3 years now. He tried a lot of different things, and the last thing he stopped at was just channels, which he draws roughly as described above (a new channel when breaking through the current one). He's been drawing them for probably over a year now. I asked him how he got to this point. He says it's just intuitive, he looks in the monitor 24 hours a day. He didn't use mathematics, he says he has a very complicated relationship with it. He's still a long way from being a millionaire, but he makes enough to live on. He manages to earn even more than his buddies in their regular jobs.

Here's a similar technique. I've been trading, and it's been yielding good results. I call it "Angular" ....Building angles. Basically it's the same channels, also on the breakdown. The point is it will take me somewhere. Most often they follow the trend and break through the weaker line. Otherwise it is a reversal. Everything is there - entry/turnover points, stops and trailing stops. The only target is missing. I chose support/resistance lines, taking into account the Risk/Reward 1/2, sometimes 1/3, and if there is a rollover, the target - 0. I made a nice picture, but while I was writing it, the price has broken through. Let it be post factum....

And here's a follow-up to....

But seriously, it's 17:45, the current quote for EUR/USD is 1.2714,<br / translate="no"> waiting for 18:00, I want to sell EUR at 1.2785, in 2 months I will close at 1.2400.

It is now 6:30 pm, who is trading short and wants to earn 70 pips,
now is the time to buy EUR at 1.2709, take profit and
reverse at 1.2785.

Is there any explanation with pictures of the basis for this prediction to be seen? Or is it a secret as before?

You can see the picture on your EUR/USD chart.

Regards,
Alexei.

<br/ translate="no">
Is there any explanation with pictures of the basis for this prediction to be seen? Or is it a secret as before?

To be honest I didn't see anything new on the monitor compared to yesterday. I show you the image I am seeing on my monitor now. On it EURUSD has entered the upper reversal zone of the short parabolic channel, from which it would be good to sell the eu (preferably a little higher). So, what next? How can this be linked to Elliott theory rather than to the methods of mathematical statistics? Explain, please.

а если серьёзно, сейчас 17:45, текущая котировка по паре EUR/USD - 1.2714,
жду 18:00, хочу продать EUR по 1.2785, через 2 месяца закроюсь по 1.2400.

It's 18:30, who is trading short and wants to make 70 pips,
now is a good time to buy EUR at 1.2709, lock in profits and
roll over at 1.2785

Is there any explanation with pictures on the basis for this prediction to be seen? Or is it a secret as before?

Sincerely,
Alexey.

I decided to take my time and post pictures from my chart. I think Alexey is rather right. I don't use EWA, I practice AP (pitchforks). Here's what I see on the months.
[img] https://c.mql5.com/mql4/forum/2006/11/eurd%20m1%201%2011.gif [/img]
It is impossible to say for sure, but most probably we are seeing a bounce from the median of blue pitchfork and upper signal line of orange ones (which are not completely formed though).

On weeks and days more details
[img] https://c.mql5.com/mql4/forum/2006/11/eurd%20w1%201%2011.gif [/img]
[img] https://c.mql5.com/mql4/forum/2006/11/eurd%20d1%201%2011.gif [/img]

I think it is true that price in two months will go well below 2400.
Respectfully

I think Alexei is probably right.

It's not about whether Alexey is right or wrong and where the price will go in the next 2 months!
The matter is just the discussion of the subject title!:o) If we start discussing only forecasts but not the basis on which they are based, we will soon reach the level of this forum, for example

http://www.forexpf.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=410434&st=20600

http://www.forexpf.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=393431&st=7450

Have they ever given anything to any traders, except for an opportunity to take something from the market based on forecasts of other traders that usually have a 50/50 chance of success? Read around a bit and you will understand what is what. And also compare the number of pages in those 2 threads with this one and make some conclusions.

For example, in this branch opened by Alexey I posted my trading methodology, the source code of the indicator that I developed and use in my strategy (although in principle I might not have posted it!), screenshots of screenshots, testing results on the demo, and now I am posting the result of working on the real account for the last month. Deals are opened by an Expert Advisor and closed at my discretion (of course, not in all cases the best way, but I think most of them (70-80%) are closed for satisfactory reasons).
But the branch founder himself, could he just voluntarily display something indicating functionality of his strategy here without excessive verbal disputes with forum users or it is not possible?

The horizontal lines on the balance is just a mass deletion of pending orders that are displayed in the balance. I modified the Expert Advisor and the strategy itself 3 times during my work, as a result I had to delete the pending orders. The game is played on 12 currency pairs in 5 or 10 USD positions depending on the current situation. Total profit for the month was 805 pips, which averaged 23 pips per trade.

KOlegA, - " How to insert pictures in this forum (explanation) " - "How to insert pictures in this forum (explanation)"

But the founder of the branch himself, could he just <br / translate="no"> voluntarily post something that proves the efficiency of his strategy, without too much verbal confrontation with forum users or is it not possible?

? Why prove you're not an idiot :0)

А вот сам основатель ветки мог бы что-то, свидетельствующее о работоспособности его стратегии, просто
так добровольно здесь выложить без лишних словесных перепалок с форумчанами или это не возможно?

? Why prove you're not a turkey :0)

I take it that this concludes the discussion of "trading strategy based on Elliot Wave Theory" in this thread?
All the participants of the discussion are left with their opinion due to the lack of any data to discuss.
Reason: