Classical analysis 'doesn't work'? - page 35

Svinozavr >>:

Если точнее, то использование ТА. Да, конечно, на вере. Как и все остальное. Тот же врач, назначая курс, верит, что поможет. Вы можете верить, что если будете двигаться со скоростью 60 км/ч (спидометр), то вы проедете 10 км за 10 мин. И то, и другое знать наверняка невозможно.

Никто ничего знать не может. Поэтому повторюсь. ТА и его использование ничем принципиально не отличается от всего остального аналитического прогнозирования. Другое дело, что прогноз на рынках - дело гораздо более неблагодарное, чем на большинстве других применений. Ошибся ты, скажем, с погодой - ну и ладно, с кем не бывает. Или там пациент ласты склеил - редкий случай попался. А на рынке...)))

Ладно. Мне, пожалуй, больше нечего добавить. Как говорится "мир твоему маю и успехов в труде" (С). А с нигилизмом, на мой взгляд, у вас перебор. Верить никому не надо, но также не надо верить и в то, что верить никому (и ничему) нельзя. )))

our song is good...
"analytical forecasting" - perhaps you mean the methods of mat statistics and probability theory? well you have compared TA and probability theory+matistics
see above, my friend - mat statistics and probability theory meet the criteria of scientific and theoretical

not nihilism - skepticism
the argument is scholastic - you are trying to explain with your fingers how many angels fit on the tip of a needle

"- Or maybe there isn't one at all? - said Roman in the voice of a film provocateur.
- Of what?
- Happiness.
Magnus was at once offended.
- How can he not," he said with dignity, "when I myself have
"when I myself have experienced it many times?
- By exchanging a penny for a shilling?- Roman asked.
Magnus took offence and snatched his notebook from him.
- You are still young... - he began."
Strugatsky

moskitman >>:
"ТА - религия основанная на вере" - имхо ТА всего лишь попытка склонить вероятность в свою пользу, типа "вовремя войти", "войти в ту сторону" и "вовремя выйти".
Ничего более!
Ни один индюк не работает на 100%, никакие 3 Элдеровских экрана, никакая Вильямсовская Profitunity, никакая супернавороченная нейросетка не даст вам гарантии выигрыша. Статистическое преимущество - ДА и то "может быть".

"tilt the odds in your favour"? - Explain.

NiKkel >>:

"склонить вероятность в свою пользу"? - поясните

probability is not declined
probability is fixed, detected, etc.
You're confusing it with the kamasutra.
so no one is arguing about statistical advantage!

NiKkel >>:

наша песня хороша...
"аналитическое прогнозирование" - вероятно, вы имеете в виду методы мат статистики и теории вероятностей? ну вы и сравнили ТА и теорию вероятносте+мат статистику
см. выше, дружище - мат статистика и теория вероятностей отвечают критериям научности и теоретийности
The conversation is locked in. I wasn't comparing anything. You can't compare an object to itself. About what TA uses - see my first post to you. The fact that MO counts on a time series doesn't make it lose its math/statistical meaning.
It's not nihilism. It's skepticism.
Skepticism is constructive. You, on the other hand, are driving in the same circle. If it pleases you to write for the tenth time what I have already answered, then that's without me. "I deny because I deny" is almost Porthos. )))
(I'm sorry. Nothing to add.
the argument is scholastic - you're trying to explain with your fingers how many angels can fit on the tip of a needle
I don't know what this is all about... Is it a polemical device?

"- Or maybe there isn't one at all? - said Roman in the voice of a film provocateur.
- Of what?
- Happiness.
Magnus was at once offended.
- How can he not," he said with dignity, "when I myself have
"when I've had it myself on many occasions?
- By exchanging a penny for a shilling?- Roman asked.
Magnus took offence and snatched his notebook from him.
- You are still young... - he began."
Strugatsky

"Where is the estate and where is the water..." ABS "A billion years before the end of the world"

NiKkel >>:

"склонить вероятность в свою пользу"? - поясните

Oh, dearie me...
Don't take it so literally!
Indices to some extent show the current (or rather past) state of the currency pair, and the trader, based on indicator readings makes a decision to act in the market. Nevertheless, the trader ACCEPTED that his calculation (his reading of the indicator, his interpretation of the indicator, the indicator itself, etc., etc.) is wrong and his entry (entry direction) into the market will not meet his expectations.
In contrast to a fanatical market entry (at random), where the probability of further movement of the instrument price in the "right" direction = 0.5, using the indicators gives the trader some confidence that "if the indicator is in the oversold area, then it is time to (buy/sell), but the currency can not go up/down forever".
It is very similar to self-deception, but comparing the indices in the past with the instrument price chart in the past, people find correspondences and begin to believe in the indices, thinking that the inputs of the indices will not be 50/50.
Whew! (wipe sweat from his forehead).

I understand your position - TA works because it works and it works because it can't not work and it works otherwise what have I spent so much of my time on!
I explain why TA is not a science or even a theory, I explain that it does not even have stable dependencies, I explain that even if books are written about it, it does not mean that it works, the answer is TA works because it works and it works because it cannot not work and it works otherwise why have I wasted so much of my time!

For you, TA is a way of life, not a way to make money.
it's not about making money, it's about the process. you want money, you don't need it, you don't need it.
it is not money that makes you happy.

i'm sorry i tried to ruin your fairytale

P.S. i hope i did it accurately.

NiKkel >>:
я понял вашу позицию - ТА работает потому что он работает и он работает потому что он не может не работать и он работает иначе на что же я убил столько своего времени!
я объясняю, почему ТА не наука и даже не теория, я обясняю что в нем нет даже устойчивых зависимостей, я объясняю, что даже если о нем пишут книги, то это еще не значит, что он работает, в ответ аргумент - ТА работает потому что он работает и он работает потому что он не может не работать и он работает иначе на что же я убил столько своего времени!

для вас ТА - образ жизни, а не ср-во заработать деньги. смысл процесса - в процессе
общение на форуме, обсуждение методов и индикаторов, чувствование себя ТРЕЙДЕРОМ причастным к процессу - смысл
тебе не нужны деньги. не в деньгах счастье

извини, что пытался разрушить твою сказку

P.S. надеюсь, сделал это корректно

who was it for?

NiKkel >>:
я понял вашу позицию - ТА работает потому что он работает и он работает потому что он не может не работать и он работает иначе на что же я убил столько своего времени!
я объясняю, почему ТА не наука и даже не теория, я обясняю что в нем нет даже устойчивых зависимостей, я объясняю, что даже если о нем пишут книги, то это еще не значит, что он работает, в ответ аргумент - ТА работает потому что он работает и он работает потому что он не может не работать и он работает иначе на что же я убил столько своего времени!

для вас ТА - образ жизни, а не ср-во заработать деньги. смысл процесса - в процессе
общение на форуме, обсуждение методов и индикаторов, чувствование себя ТРЕЙДЕРОМ причастным к процессу - смысл
тебе не нужны деньги. не в деньгах счастье

извини, что пытался разрушить твою сказку

P.S. надеюсь, сделал это корректно

Seems to be correct, although it's not as if it's to my posts - try putting them together on one page and read it over. However, it's up to you.

I have been trading on the stock market for a long time (10 years). I am, in fact, a professional trader - I live from it. To engage in an argument with you I have no practical interest, and, moreover, no need. There is no point in explaining further either - you do not perceive what you are being told, and it will be a repetition. Well, you don't perceive it, and that's fine. Maybe someone was interested - at least I was of some use.

Good luck.

You know, the role of Mephistopheles would have suited you. In his youth... or even in his childhood years. Nihilistic by nature, but without a shred of experience.
I am a spirit always accustomed to deny.
And with a grounding: nothing is necessary.
There is no thing in the world worth mercy.
Creation is good for nothing.
So, I am what your thought has linked
With an understanding of destruction, of evil, of harm.
This is my natural beginning,
(C) Goethe.

))) Okay. It'll all come together in a mosaic. I've had similar thoughts to yours a dozen times in my career.

"Okay. It'll all come together in the puzzle. I've had similar thoughts to yours once ... dozens of times in my career."
Especially after the last time RAO was bought, for sure ;)
Reason: