a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 146

Thank you, Vladislav!

If I had any doubts about my attitude to EWT, you have dispelled them completely.
You saved me from having to look through a lot of thick books. No, I like books very much, in fact I like them very much. :-) But I don't want to waste my time. And, therefore, I have to continue working on my own strategy. Especially as there is an opportunity to reinforce it with your ideas.

Thank you and good luck.

Thank you, Vladislav!

If I had any doubts about my attitude to EWT, you have dispelled them completely.
You saved me from having to look through a lot of thick books. No, I feel good about books, very good indeed. :-) But I don't want to waste my time. And, therefore, I have to continue working on my own strategy. Especially as there is an opportunity to reinforce it with your ideas.

Thank you and good luck.

By the way, here is the current situation with GBP - channels of 2nd order + Gartley-Pesavento patterns (you can see the reversal zones, calculated using the previous pie chart).

Yuri, my point is that there really are quite a few besides pattern 3-5 - there are only 5 setups for long positions and mirror ones for short positions. And EWT doesn't have a "patent" for Fibo ratios, and doesn't always use them in the most optimal way. There in the picture is the last worked Gartley, confirmed 78 bars ago on the 4h chart. At the same time you can see how the calculated pivot zones are worked out. Now one more set-up for entering a long position has been formed, called AB=D.You can see the first target - a strong pullback is possible from it - this target is constantly recalculated. And we can see the reversal zone (light blue square at the top right) - this zone is invariable.

Yes - we did it. Now for the comments. This is a "addition" to the algorithm I described above and its slight modification based on the results of solandr's investigation.
To use Fibo ratios we need to eliminate unnecessary "noise" oscillations - here the algorithm will be essential - a regular zig-zag is not very good. This algorithm gave the first entry points yesterday evening - the zigzag has been showing them for a long time ;). You can quite reliably calculate the reversal zones from the selected swings. I can see how they were formed, it is not always possible to estimate the time, but price levels are rather good. Actually the selection of swings for zones is based on all principles I described above, after that reversal zones are additionally estimated by price and time according to Fibo's ratios. The linear regression is replaced with the second order regression. Strategy construction is a personal matter.

This is again to compare with the degree of complexity of using EVA. And at the same time the answer to the question about the possibility to recognize patterns - someone above asked - everything is possible and not very difficult. I will re-write the robot, or rather modify it :).

Sincerely, Vladislav.
Good luck and good trends.

Sorry - there's something wrong with the picture - it won't stick :(. <br / translate="no"> I'll attach it as soon as I find a way.

Try here "MQL4: Picture for forum on metaquotes" via zip file. This way always works.

Attached as an archive for now

I'm doing that, but the picture itself doesn't show up :(. Maybe it's because of Opera - I'll try explorer.... It's definitely a problem with Opera - it doesn't seem to be supported.

According to my pictures, it also turns out that we have reached the lower boundary of the linear regression channel, built from the beginning of June till the current day. By the parabolas we can see that the Pound is seriously aiming at breaking through this channel, but probably, for its breakthrough the "speculative capital" has already "run out" and it is necessary to go up for a while, i.e. to make a correction before a possible downward march in the future. Another indication of the oversold Pound is the shorter linear regression channel from the beginning of August, in which the price has also hit the lower boundary.

I'm doing that, but the picture itself doesn't show up :(. Maybe it's because of Opera - I'll try explorer.... It's definitely a problem with Opera - it doesn't seem to be supported.

Da no, all vrode v Opera rabotaet. A vi kakuiuiu versiu ispolzuete? Samaya novaya (ya ey polzuiusy, vse vrode rabotaet OK): Opera v9.02 (Build
8585). Link: http://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/902/en/Opera_9.02_Classic_Setup.exe

Всек так и делаю, но сама картинка не отображается :(. Может из-за Оперы - попробую Эксплорер.... Точно проблема в Опере - видно не поддерживается.

Da no, all vrode v Opera rabotaet. A Vi kakuiuiu versiu ispolzuete? The newest (I ey ey polzuiusy, vse vrode rabotaet OK): Opera v9.02 (Build
8585). Link: http: //ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/902/en/Opera_9.02_Classic_Setup.exe

I have 9.0. I used it through Explorer.

Sincerely, Vladislav.
Good luck and keep up with the trends.

Всек так и делаю, но сама картинка не отображается :(. Может из-за Оперы - попробую Эксплорер.... Точно проблема в Опере - видно не поддерживается.

Da net, vse vrode v Opera rabotaet. A Vi kakuiu versiu ispolzuete? Samaya novaya (ya ey polzuiusy, vse vrode rabotaet OK): Opera v9.02 (Build
8585). Link: http://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/902/en/Opera_9.02_Classic_Setup.exe

I have 9.0. Yes, I hooked it up through the explorer.

Regards, Vladislav.
Good luck and keep up with the trends.

Tak to 4to iz explorer VSE rabotaeto eto "egu", kak govoritsia, poniatno. Prosto u menia, naprimer, vse i iz Opera 9.02 rabotaet na ura:) Tak skazaty, hotel podelitsia informaciey.

S nailu4shimi,
Diam0nd.
Reason: