Charts keep freezing

HI All

I have a major problem with charts freezing as I switch from one pair to another in the same profile.

The new chart window opens and the old chart starts to build a minimized window but freezes and all other processes stop.

I can open a second chart fine but when I go to switch  to another chart the same freezing occurs.

I had thought that maybe CPU was overloaded but task mangager shows minimal CPU usage 10 to 20 % depending on what else is running. 

I am not running any EA"s nor have I done any testing, I have emptied all of the logs. Running XP Pro.

My profiles have 8 to 10 charts with 4 or 5 inicators on each chart is that too many? 

This is the third time this has happened; the only way I have been able to solve it is to completely remove the entire platform and download again. 

This also happens to both of my platforms but GCI seems to be more susceptible than FXCM.

All suggestions deeply appreciated

Keith 

kminler:

HI All

I have a major problem with charts freezing as I switch from one pair to another in the same profile.

The new chart window opens and the old chart starts to build a minimized window but freezes and all other processes stop.

I can open a second chart fine but when I go to switch  to another chart the same freezing occurs.

Perhaps your Indicators are causing this issue,  have you tried without any Indicators on any charts ?

RaptorUK:
Perhaps your Indicators are causing this issue,  have you tried without any Indicators on any charts ?

I tried deleting all of the custom indicators, problem persisted but that may be becasue it was too late, some portion of software already compromised.

I just tried running the default profiles, and they are working.  So likely one of my inidcators  is the culprit.

Only unusal indicator that I use is Pivots_RightSide_GainUk---have you heard of any problems with that one? 

The other interesting diagnostic clue is that this develops slowly, at first there is a lag in opening new charts,

then actual delays lasting several seconds and finally freezing, since this take place over a couple of weeks it is hard to pinpoint cause. 

Thanks for your help any other ideas apprdciated I will try isolating the indicators in different profiles and look for another pivot indicator.

Thanks again

Keith 

kminler:

I tried deleting all of the custom indicators, problem persisted but that may be becasue it was too late, some portion of software already compromised.

I just tried running the default profiles, and they are working.  So likely one of my inidcators  is the culprit.

Only unusal indicator that I use is Pivots_RightSide_GainUk---have you heard of any problems with that one? 

I don't use Technical indicators, the only Indicators I use are my own so I can't help with your specific question.

RaptorUK:
I don't use Technical indicators, the only Indicators I use are my own so I can't help with your specific question.
Ok Thanks again !!!

kminler: I have a major problem with charts freezing as I switch from one pair to another in the same profile.
Too many, inefficient indicators. Reduce options -> charts -> max bars on chart to something reasonable like 500.

WHRoeder:
Too many, inefficient indicators. Reduce options -> charts -> max bars on chart to something reasonable like 500.

I hear you; as the problem develops seems like accumulating too much data to process, I had  already cut max bars back to useful minimum.

I think that I will cut the profiles in half, bit of a pain reloading all of the time. Or get smart and follow fewer currencies!

Aslo see if I can narrow down the problem indicator, most are really simple and common, codes should be pretty robust;

as mentioned I suspect the pivots indicator may be poorly coded or storing excess data.

Thanks for your input

Keith