Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 64

fxsaber:
Is the tick history for the backtests on the demo and on the real in Otkritie the same?
No, the quotes on the demo are completely different. This is not forex.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
No, the quotes on the demo are completely different. It's not forex.
If I understand correctly, the demo is taken from the stock exchange. So BCS demo and Otkritie demo should coincide. But my stack charts (ALT+B) on RTS-index don't match. Is it normal?

fxsaber:
If I understand correctly, the demo is taken from the stock exchange. Therefore the BCS demo and the Otkritie demo should coincide. But my stack charts (ALT+B) on the RTS-index do not match. Is this normal?
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/67251
ФОРТС: демо котировки.
ФОРТС: демо котировки.
  • reviews: 1
  • www.mql5.com
Не раз на форуме и лично от брокера слышал, что котировки на демо счете сильно отличаются от реальных котировок.

fxsaber:
If I understand correctly, the demo is taken from the stock exchange. Therefore the BCS demo and the Otkritie demo should coincide. But my stack charts (ALT+B) on the RTS-index do not match. Is this normal?
no in otkrytie-broker, demo quotes are from the ball and differ significantly from the real one, they are just for getting acquainted with mt5 capabilities no more.

The quote history in Otkritie on the demo is only downloaded a month in advance, this must be a very bad joke. How can you get acquainted with the capabilities of MT5 if most of the normal experts and indicators on such a short history are essentially useless.

VANDER:

The quote history in Otkritie on the demo is only downloaded a month in advance, this must be a very bad joke. How can you get acquainted with the capabilities of MT5 if most of the normal experts and indicators on such a short history are essentially useless.

The demo on MOEX is a separate random infrastructure of the exchange that has nothing to do with reality. It would be better to not show it to the public at all or call it debugging, which is essentially what it is.

In fact, you can only work on stock accounts in real accounts. First of all, because of legal prohibitions by stock exchanges to show the real market on demo accounts.

One of the main reasons of the multiple (ten) times difference between Forex and stock traders is that exchanges are cutting boughs under them, trying to earn a mere penny on collecting money for quotes and their history.

Greed limits them terribly and they are dinosaurs with their approaches. Exchanges see that traders are sitting on CFDs en masse, but instead of opening quotes and liberalising terms, they attack CFD brokers.

Unfortunately, given the relentless buying up of independent exchanges around the world by a couple of players, the situation will only get worse. There is an all-out monopoly ahead.

Let them draw what they want, but not in a fucking month, not enough imagination for a year at least?) I'm just not technically able to test an expert with such a short history.

VANDER:

Let them draw whatever they want, but it's not like they have no imagination for a month, at least for a year) I am technically unable to test an Expert Advisor with such a short history.

It's not a demo, but a debug server for company's employees, where they check operation of gateways and plugins.

Accordingly, no one deals with history, which is known to be wrong.

Judging by the highlighted, you didn't get that. There are random quotes from a special exchange testing environment. This is not forex, where demo and real are the same.

A working option to get real time and history in a few minutes

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Limit order slippage statistics at the exchange

pivomoe, 2016.08.25 15:15

Start doing a demo mt5 account at bx. You will receive an email with a link to the distribution. At the server selection stage you choose not a demo server, but for real trading. Create an account with arbitrary data. Create a certificate. That's it you have a real account with zero balance, real quotes and history.

fxsaber:
A working option to get real time and exchange history in a few minutes
You can also open a real at the broker itself, but do not deposit your balance. You get what fxsaber pointed out. Somewhat more complicated, but, in a conversation with the broker's representative, you will get a better idea of the nuances of trading on FORTS.
Reason: