Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 42

Could you please tell me if the USD-RUB pair only has quotes from November 2013?

How can I upload or import earlier history for previous years? And why does the opening only give the last two years of history for currency pairs?

batalex:

Please advise, the dollar-ruble pair has only been quoted since November 2013.

How can I upload or import earlier history for previous years? And why does the opening only give the last two years of history for currency pairs?

1. No.

2. too lazy to bother.

MQ promised to make it possible to import, apparently we will have to import manually afterwards.

Otkritie could give a deeper history, I don't think it's very difficult.

Although even in their reports they don't have the book value of the portfolio broken down by days - i.e. you can't know how the value of assets has changed by day over the last year - only manually look at each daily report and take the balance figure from there.

So I don't think they will "bother" with something as trivial as quotes.

Karputov Vladimir:
Please check this: in the terminal, open data folder and copy the path, now in the terminal, try "Templates" -> "Save template..." and copy the path again. Compare both paths - do they lead to the same data directory?

yes, the path to the root folder is the same.

Interestingly, I opened a pair from MetaQuotes-Demo server in the same terminal - the templates are saved, the terminal starts without problems. But the problem remains on the Fund and the terminal does not activate the data until the update. Probably the broker is doing something, there were no such problems on Forts.

Hi all! A very unpleasant thing happened on Friday night on two of my terminals (build 1210). The price flew through the stops, it just didn't see them. It was impossible to close the positions manually. Orders were not placed normally, and even if they were, they could not be deleted (a meaningful Started... was written). Obviously, there was no way to reach the support team at 23:00 Moscow time. And all this horror before the weekend.

Anyway, I've sent an e-mail to 911 with the following content and no response yet:

"On 4.12 during the evening trading session I saw that on all the terminals the stop-losses were not executed, the price just went through them. How could it happen? In other words, I simply could not exit the position during half an hour, even manually. I got "failed exchange sell...at market modification failed due to order or position being close to market)" error. Also some phantom orders hang, which cannot be deleted in any way, in fact they probably do not exist, but something has to be done about it. Please fix the above problems and prevent this from happening in the future.

Called tech support, they say yes there is a glitch but we can't fix it yet. This kind of incidents really discourages autotrading via MT5.

Has anybody encountered something similar?

Vitaliy Semenov:

Read...

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/67298/page2#comment_2075484

I'm sure you have errors in your robot...

ФОРТС: В помощь начинающим
ФОРТС: В помощь начинающим
  • www.mql5.com
Установка отложенного ордера командой OrderSend(). - Страница 2 - Категория: биржевой трейдинг

Михаил:

Read...

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/67298/page2#comment_2075484

I'm sure you have errors in your robot...

OK robots, we're not talking about them yet. I place limits manually, and I should be able to close a position manually no matter what happens. And stop-loss should always trigger according to the same algorithm - it should send a market order to the market that is opposite to the direction of the open position at any price.

Vitaliy Semenov:

Okay, robots, we're not talking about them yet. Limits are set manually, and I should be able to close a position manually at any price. And stop-loss should always trigger according to the same algorithm - it should send a market order to the market, opposite to the direction of the open position at any price.

I see that you know everything....

Михаил:
I see that you know everything....
Michael, let's be constructive. I am trying to make a very simple point here. As a trader, I care about the reliability of the infrastructure I use. And if I cannot close a position manually and a stop does not work - it is not my problem, it is the problem of the developers of the trading environment. We already have enough risks here, so why do I need another one? If reliability leaves much to be desired, then it's a pittance on the price of such a terminal.

Vitaliy Semenov:
Michael, let's be constructive. I am trying to give you a very simple idea. For me as a trader, the reliability of the infrastructure that I use is important. And if I cannot close a position manually and a stop does not work - it is not my problem, it is a problem of the developers of the trading environment. We already have enough risks here, so why do I need another one? If reliability leaves much to be desired, then it's a pittance on the price of such a terminal.

1. Here, on this forum, 99.99% of people talk about robots.

2 Any software can fail (quite often for reasons unrelated to the software itself).

You have to contact Service Desk with your problem (the problem is real).

Reason: