Experiments with MetaTrader 5 at Discovery - page 47

Renat Fatkhullin:

The gateway is direct and automatic to the exchange, so there is virtually no way for the broker to intervene. Except to prohibit certain types of transactions.

And our mistakes are also possible. Therefore, such issues should be reported to the broker and to us in Service Desk with maximum technical information: all logs, screenshots, reports and detailed descriptions in addition.

This is good news. Execution is great! At least there are no obvious problems.

It's very hard to find problems without a reference base. I've started to collect the stakes history via i.e. Quick + Slab in i.T. Invest and through MT5 opening a fake application of MT5 stakes caught my eye when comparing. I realized at once not a fake but different snapshot - MT5 has much more often). I will compare the execution and history when I buy a complete order log from the exchange for my tester. If I find something then I will surely write it off, or to youtube.

==========================

In this case I will write on you on YouTube.

The most important thing is that the broker with developers and the trader are on the same side of the barricades ... or with one foot in front of them at least. And it's great. (turning a blind eye to the tester).

Did you mean it when you wrote something like "priorities are changing"?

Ром:

I am already familiar with the capabilities of the stock exchange tester. I checked it again today.

The strategy is on limit orders on the instrument with a microscopic spread. Visualization.

The result is impossible to comprehend. All of its other cool features come to naught as they are not needed when the result is absolutely inadequate.

No spread emulation will give more adequate results on Last-bars - neither in liquid instruments, nor in illiquid ones,

than just making a deal on Last with the ability to adjust the markup of costs per trade in pips.

And I'm sure it's extremely easy to implement this in the tester, but they don't do it for some reason, which leads to some not very good thoughts.

Most likely you are running on a broker's server with an outdated version, where the spread inside M1 bars was counted at the maximum value. In the latest releases we have changed the spread keeping scheme to a minimum per minute, which is good for stock markets.

Our previous scheme of using the maximum one minute spread in forex was good as it allowed for the most pessimistic scenario when testing. Due to the huge liquidity of forex instruments and low spreads, all was well.

In the stock markets things turned out to be sadder and taking into account the maximum spread led to quite pessimistic scenarios. This has already been fixed and brokers just need to update - their historical bases will automatically be converted.

Your chart just shows that trades were conducted at huge spreads.

Anyway, this problem will be solved on the root in the next 2 months with the inclusion of real tick data in the tester. This data is already available in terminals (don't forget to update) in full depth via the CopyTicks function.

Grigoriy Chaunin:
I have set the leverage in my office to 1 to 1. In the Metarteijder reports the leverage is 1 to 1. But in the terminal all indicators are as if the leverage is 1 to 2. Asked Otkritie a question. No answer. May anyone know why it is so. I am trading stocks.
They gave me an answer yesterday. Really waited a long time for an answer. About a week. That's not good.

Folks, who can explain how the used margin of 14,179.22 roubles for 1 lot (1:1 account) came about ?

(using the formula from MT for futures =Lot*Initial*Percent/100)

where in the specification or in the properties of the symbol do I find the correct data for the calculation?

o_O:

Folks, who can explain how the used margin of 14,179.22 roubles for 1 lot (1:1 account) came about ?

(using the formula from MT for futures =Lot*Initial*Percent/100)

Where in the specification or in the properties of the symbol do you find the correct data to calculate?

Hi!

You are not calculating the margin correctly.

double prim_go = SymbolInfoDouble( _Symbol, SYMBOL_MARGIN_INITIAL );

You're probably pulling data from different servers.

o_O:

from a demo server, and

Mikhail Filimonov:

from a real one.

Right?

Karputov Vladimir:

You're probably pulling data from different servers.

from a demo server, and

from a real one.

Is that right?

Right

Mikhail Filimonov:

Hi!

You are not calculating the margin correctly.

MQL return the same as in the properties window. (Open-Demo)

But it doesn't correspond to what I see in the trade window.

Today, by the way, when you open 1 lot, the margin value is less than the Initial, (as compared to yesterday when you open it, it was more than Initial)

what formulas are used here?

Is that what it's called? It's called a disgrace. Now you can't even trade limiters in a cup. You can't set the volume.

Outrageous

Grigoriy Chaunin:

Is that what it's called? It's called a disgrace. Now you can't even trade limiters in a cup. You can't set the volume.

What do you mean? Where can't you set it?
Reason: