int tmpObjType=(int)ObjectGetInteger(0,"spread",OBJPROP_TYPE,0);

generates error 4203

but not in visual mode.

Expert:

Can you tell me why, when testing in "viewer-less" mode, the line

generates error 4203

but not in visual mode.

because graphical objects are not supported in visual mode

Hello, could you please advise me if real trading is possible on mt5? I trade at alpari, I have seen the article about copying trades in mt4, everything seems to be clear. My question is the quotes. My using Mt5 is in demo mode, there are not many quotes, and only few of them are available. Is it possible to set up MT5 to read MT4 quotes and will this method be acceptable for real trading or will it be a crutch that will not work? Thanks in advance for the answer

Dmido:
Hello, could you please advise me if it is possible to implement real trading on mt5? I trade at alpari, I have seen the article about copying trades in mt4, everything seems to be clear. My question is the quotes. My using Mt5 will only work in demo mode, there are not many quotes, and only few of them are available. Is it possible to set up MT5 to read MT4 quotes and will this method be acceptable for real trading or will it be a crutch that will not work? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Crutches whose reliability and effectiveness is highly questionable.

IMHO.

sergey1294:
because graphical objects are not supported in "visionless" mode

So before each use of functions for graphical objects you have to check if the visual is running...

Doesn't seem right to me. And what is the error about identifier? It would be more appropriate ERR_OBJECT_ERROR.

Why does it allow to create objects but not to modify properties?)

Interesting:

Crutches whose reliability and effectiveness is highly questionable.

IMHO.

What should we do then? As far as I saw from messages on a forum, it seems only 1 broker already works with mt5 not in demo-mode, and I do not want to switch from mine, all the same question of money... How do I get the trades? At least a direction. I am not pipsing, so I may have to put up with slight delays...

sergey1294:
because graphical objects are not supported in "visionless" mode
In the tester, graph objects are not supported at all (at least for now), neither in visual nor in viewless mode.

Expert:

So before each use of functions for graphical objects you have to check if the visual is running...

Doesn't seem right to me. And what is the error about identifier? It would be more appropriate ERR_OBJECT_ERROR.

And why does it allow to create objects but not to modify properties?)

No, you just need to write separate code for tester and for realtime, and better to do everything through calculations, and graphics already output by ready calculations, then it will be possible to prohibit it with one flag if work in the tester.

Urain:
In the tester, graph objects are not supported at all (at least for now), neither in visual nor in non-visual mode.
But such a feature is very much needed. It would be very convenient to test in the visual mode how the information panels work. I am looking forward to it. )) For now everything is in real time, slowly.

Urain:
No, you just need to write separate code for tester and for realtime, or better to do everything through calculations, and graphics already output by ready calculations, then it can be disabled by one flag if work in tester.

I also use a flag to disable some prints that are directly used in debugging. By the way, here's a question:

Is it quicker to check the status of a flag than to call Print()? That is, does it make sense to disable printers during optimization?

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции - Документация по MQL5
Reason: