Economic calendar - page 18

ns_k:
Can we use some expected news of the week to determine, say, the time of decay of a 2-5 day trend?

In theory you can. In theory, anything or almost anything is theoretically possible.

In practice, however, you will have to control a huge database, and more importantly, it is mandatory to consider how such news has influenced trading before and what was the background information.

I think that with each new year the size of the database and the complexity of relationships within it will grow progressively (if you want a positive result from its use, of course).

With this approach, sooner or later we will need a floor for programmers, floor for analysts, etc. :)

Interesting:

I believe thatthe "Economic Calendar" (if you add history to it) is one of the "working" options for fundamental analysis with technical analysis.

It is also necessary for those who want to understand how and why certain economic news affect trading.

The important thing is the "size" of the database and the structure of the information it contains.

You speak of the built-in economic calendar as a universal panacea, which will unravel the mysteries of the links between different types of analysis. Generally speaking, you don't need to have a good judgement in order to add a custom history to MQL program and analyze it by yourself. For example, I've collected the history of events from 2007, cataloged them and built them into MQL program for analysis and optimizations. It is not that difficult.

The news published in economic calendars affect the market briefly, that's their nature. If the news is trend forming, then it changes the trend with a large inertia, from a few hours to a few days, and this does not contradict the previous statement - there will also be a surge at the time of release.

As for the database - here the question is how to design it. You can put a year's worth of information into it in such a way that a simple sampling query will take five minutes to run.

ns_k:
Can I use some expected news of the week to determine, say, the timing of a 2-5 day trend fade?

This is a matter for psychics who can tell you the exact time, and hypnotists who can convince you that this is the time when the trend _really_ fades.

Here's what I can tell right after getting the release numbers is the direction of movement and the range of pips a given instrument will move in the next minute or two.

Interesting:

In theory you can. In theory, anything or almost anything is possible.

Not at all. Not everything can be determined theoretically.

Vladix:

This is a matter for psychics who can tell you the exact time, and hypnotists who can convince you that this is the time when the trend _really_ fades.

Here's what I can tell right after getting the release numbers - it's the direction of movement and the range of pips a given instrument will move in the next minute or two.

Yes, the trend seems to be impossible to catch so, alas (( . But how do you at least know where and by what distance it will move?

ns_k:
I don't seem to catch the trend this way (!). And how do you at least know where and by how much distance it will move?

It's easier than that. You gather a database of news releases, import a database of minutes - and then you connect SQL and mathematical apparatus to solve a system of equations with N unknowns to divide events according to their impact on the market.

That's basically it.

Vladix:

It's easier than that. You gather a database of news releases, import a database of minutes - and then you connect SQL and mathematical apparatus to solve a system of equations with N unknowns to divide events according to their impact on the market.

That's basically it.

akwet...

Can you tell me, what do I connect Structured Query Language to next?

Contender:

Ack...

Can you tell me, what do you connect Structured Query Language to next?

To the database where you are going to plug it all in.

Although you can do it without SQL, but it's much easier.

Vladix:

To the database in which you put it all

Although it is possible to do without SQL, but it is easier to do without SQL

Can you tell me how to connect SQL to the database, which is in the DBF files?

Either you have a DBMS with or without a sequel.

"Connect the sequel to the database" is something new.

Contender:

Can you tell me how to connect SQL to a database that is in DBF files?

Either you have a DBMS with or without a sequel.

"Connect the sequel to the database" is something new.

My bad, gave you a reason to troll.

And the fact that a mathematical apparatus can be connected to the base didn't confuse you? In this context it should be understood as "take advantage of". Let's also write about connectors to connect, and other irrelevant nonsense.

SQL for DBF - put DBF tables in a database with full sequel support (you can use Data Transformation services, or build your own utility to do it). If you plan to do any analysis on this data, you will have to do it one way or another.

Reason: