Economic calendar - page 12

ns_k:

Vladix:
For all interested in this subject - I'm preparing an article on news trading. Coming soon, so to speak.

That's what I mean. The articles, as far as I understand, have nothing to do with the Market

Yes, I know what it's about. This post was a few months ago and the product in the Market a bit later. So I assumed (I hope I'm wrong) that we won't see the article anymore. ))

In fact, nothing complicated. The only pity is that so far you cannot get news from the Terminal Calendar programmatically. But we can simply read them from a file and execute tests ( trade operations) according to the specified conditions.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций - Документация по MQL5

tol64:

I know what you mean. This post was a few months ago, and the product in the Market a little later. I therefore assumed (I hope I'm wrong) that we won't see the article anymore. ))

In fact, there is nothing complicated. The only pity is that for the time being I cannot get news from the Terminal Calendar programmatically. But we can simply read them from a file and execute tests (perform trade operations) according to the specified conditions.

So, the article is supposed to describe the organization of access to macroeconomic statistics data through file reading? It would probably be good, but I initially thought that the article would be about "trading the news", i.e. about the principles of making profit from increased market volatility

ns_k:
So, the article was supposed to write about organizing access to macroeconomic statistics data by reading files? Maybe it would be good, but at first I thought the article would be about "trading on the news", i.e. about the principles of making profit from increased market volatility.

So all the news is written down from start to finish. Even in the Help in the trading terminal. Here's an example:

Non-farm Payrolls/Non-farm jobs

Non-farm payrolls is an estimate of the total number of wage earners on the payroll of businesses in a country.

This is a very strong indicator showing the change in employment in the country. An increase in this indicator shows an increase in employment and leads to an increase in the exchange rate of the dollar. It is called "the indicator that moves the markets". There is a rule of thumb that an increase in its value by 200,000 per month equates to an increase in GDP by 3.0%.

-Frequencyof release: monthly.

-Timeof release: 08:30 EST, first Friday of the month.

-Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.

Read all the news carefully, code it and test it. There is quite a lot of news, so after such an amount of work not many people would want to write an article about it, if the tests also show good results. )))

tol64:

So all the news is written down from start to finish. Even in the Help in the trading terminal. For example:

Read all the news carefully, code them and test them. There is quite a lot of news, so after such an amount of work, very few people would feel like writing an article about it and the tests will give good results. )))

Hi. Are the news items saved in the history now? Otherwise, how can they be tested...

sumkin75:
Hello, are the news items saved in the history now? Otherwise, how do you test them...
For now, only by prepping the file to do so.

ns_k:

Hello all!

The promised article hasn't run? )

Good afternoon! Thanks for your interest in the article.

The article is 65% done, but I don't have time to complete it right now. I hope the topic of news trading will not lose its urgency when I finally have a chance to finish it.

As for the profitability of news trading by my Expert Advisor - it can be seen on the signal account and it is negative right now. This proves once again that any system should be managed, it will only give losses on its own.

But news trading is not limited to my EA, and on this front, I am sure you can and should expect profitable trading.

Thank you very much! Can I read the source code of the article? :) What's the point of wasting labour, maybe you could post it on the forum?

Great topic. There would have been a Like here - I would have clicked. Just a lot of people are interested in the news.

Vladix:

Good afternoon! Thank you for your interest in the article.

The article is 65% ready, but I don't have time to finish it right now. I hope the topic of news trading will be still relevant when I have a chance to finish it.

As for the profitability of news trading by my Expert Advisor - it can be seen on the signal account and it is negative right now. This proves once again that any system should be managed, it will only give losses on its own.

But news trading is not limited to my EA, and on this front, I am sure you can and should expect profitable trading.

This is the second week I am testing my program, 1 day is good and 2 days is bad, but I am sure success is possible, the main thing is when...((...I should not lose interest until there is a positive trend

Question for the developers. Where do the news flags in the terminal come from? I just can't find them in any economic calendar. You have +2 GMT, don't you?

I can't find news at 11:10 on any calendar. And that's the way it is quite often. Give me a link to your calendar.

Please:)

Reason: