Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 107

Реter Konow:

Imagine there is no tester in MT.

You yourself need to test your strategy on a selected section of the chart history of a certain instrument.

Your strategy has 5 parameters, on the values of which the profitability of your strategy depends, on the selected test section.

You need to determine which values of these parameters will give the highest profitability of your strategy in this section of the chart.

There are so many possible values of parameters that if you manually check each of them, it will take you years to find the ones that give the highest profitability of your strategy.

You begin to develop an algorithm for optimizing your parameters that will calculate their best values for the tested period faster than you.

Why? Because you have decided that history will repeat itself and a similar period will happen again in the future.

This is the first thing a trader plunges into the field of speculation on the market. But it is not the only one.

In any case, whatever you say Zelinsky will pick on everything, there's no point in holding useless talks with this man (it clogs up the thread), he has not offered anything practically of value so far and cannot offer anything at all; he is a scribe of codes and nothing more, that is, a doer of other people's ideas. He doesn't have enough imagination for his own ideas.

Andrey Dik:

In any case, no matter what you say, Zelinsky will pick on everything, there is no point in having useless conversations with this man (it clogs up the thread), he has not and cannot offer anything of practical value so far, he is a scribe of codes and nothing more, that is, a doer of other people's ideas. He lacks imagination for his own ideas.

Of course, you can take you for a "you're a fool" debate, but it will be rhetorical and unquestionably unsuccessful for you. Why? Because you are so quick to descend into hysterical insults. You're not interesting. It's corny.

A commercial for your image:

Реter Konow:

Imagine there is no tester in MT.

How does what you just wrote have anything to do with what you are doing or are going to do in the "championship".

I just want to understand how what you've been saying for two months now has anything to do with trading and whether the results of the "championship" can be used in the practice of trading.

That is, I'm interested to hear an explanation in the form of:

-- within the "championship" we will develop or show some functionality, which will be able to do so-and-so -- and we will be able to apply it, for example, to solve so-and-so task in trading".

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

How does what you just wrote have anything to do with what you are doing or are going to do in the "championship".

I just want to understand how what you've been saying for the past two months has anything to do with trading and whether the results of the "championship" can be used in the practice of trading.

That is, I'm interested to hear an explanation in the form of:

-- We are going to develop or demonstrate something, that can do this or that during the Championship - and we will be able to use this for example for solving this or that task in trading".

You are totally defective if you do not understand what optimization algorithms in general and in trading in particular are needed for. Do not get in the way of the participants, at the championships the judges do not ask the opinion of onlookers and sofa analysts.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

1. How does what you have just painted -- relate to what you are doing or are going to do in the "championship".

2. I just want to understand how what you've been talking about for two months has anything to do with trading and whether the results of the "championship" can be used in the practice of trading.

3. That is, I'm interested to hear an explanation in the form of:

-- We will develop or demonstrate a functional, which can do this or that -- and we will be able to use this to solve certain tasks in trading".

1. Personally, I am participating in the championship in order to test my programming skills, and try to take the upper hand over the one who is challenging everyone. You can call it self-assertion.

2. If MT did not have a tester that could optimize parameters, the development of a personal optimizer would be practically necessary for trading.

Perhaps MT's tester optimizer is not so good and can be made better. Comparison of the performance of the tester and the algorithms of the participants can also be regarded as a goal of the Championship.

I've already written several times about what task AO can solve in trading, as I understand it.

In this case, everything that the participants will do in the Championship will remain in their sole possession, unless they provide their algorithms for general use.

In general, the evaluation of the value of anything is very subjective.

Andrey Dik:
You are totally defective if you do not understand the purpose of optimization algorithms in general and in trading in particular. Do not get in the way of the participants, the referees do not ask the opinion of onlookers and sofa analysts at the championships.

The flow of your insults is regular. The moderators don't stop it.

I am highlighting key phrases to show once again the truth known even to a child: "he who calls you bad names is himself".

p.s. You can make a list of your insults (not only in my address) to which moderators didn't react in any way:

1. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/87536/page93

2. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/87536/page98

3. just now

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

The flow of your insults is regular. The moderators don't stop it.

I am highlighting key phrases to show once again the truth known even to a child: "he who calls you bad names is himself".

p.s. You can make a list of your insults (not only in my address) to which moderators didn't react in any way:

1. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/87536/page93

2. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/87536/page98

3. just now

Not only are you a flawed troll and provocateur, you're also a slandererer. Add this post of mine to your list as well.

ILNUR777:
Well. Since fitting is only a special case of optimization problems, then how can speed and efficiency not be necessary. What's the use of finding maxima if they change faster than the algorithm looks for them. Imagine that you have a mechanism for accurate minutiae prediction (let it be at least 60% of the time), but the calculation is done for a period of more than a minute, and what is the use of such predictions. And even if you are right in fact the forecasts are correct. And the same here.
+++

ILNUR777:
Well. Since fitting is only a special case of optimization problems, then how can speed and efficiency not be necessary. What's the use of finding maxima if they change faster than the algorithm looks for them. Imagine that you have a mechanism for accurate minutiae prediction (let it be at least 60% of the time), but the calculation is done for a period of more than a minute, and what is the use of such predictions. And even if you are right in fact the forecasts are correct. It's the same here.

We are talking about the period of history to fit the values of parameters. The period is static and doesn't run following the running hands of the clock. An optimization algorithm is not a forecasting algorithm. There is a confusion of notions.

ILNUR777:

At the moment, there is no definitive understanding and/or clarification -- what we have, what we need to get, what it is for.

Any attempt to figure it out is inconclusive.

Reason: