Errors, bugs, questions - page 904

vlad_123:

The expectation was that with more profits, more trades and a recovery factor, and with less drawdown, the result would be greater. Which does not happen.

Try to insert pictures correctly. Have you done the calculations manually? What do they show?
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
MQL5.community - Памятка пользователя
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Вы недавно зарегистрировались и у вас возникли вопросы: Как вставить картинку в сообщение на форуме, как красиво оформить исходный код MQL5, где находятся ваши Личные сообщения? В этой статье мы подготовили для вас несколько практических советов, которые помогут быстрее освоиться на сайте MQL5.community и позволят в полной мере воспользоваться доступными функциональными возможностями.

Rosh:
Try to insert pictures correctly. Calculated manually? What do they show?

The picture has been tweaked.

Here are the calculations:

Profit * Trades * (1/(MaxEquityDDPercent+1)) * RecoveryFactor

3495.52 * 874 * (1/(12.05+1)) * 1.90 = 3495.52 * 874 * 0.076628352490421455938697318007663 * 1.90 = 444801.57180076628352490421455554
3511.41 * 876 * (1/(11.38+1)) * 2.03 = 3511.41 * 876 * 0.080775444264943457189014539579968 * 2.03 = 504383.6974798061389337641356967

It shows that the optimizer is fooling people :-)

So, manual calculation shows that the result of the second line is greater than expected. But the optimizer shows that the result of the second line is lower.

And the optimizer shows a different result value than a manual calculation.

vlad_123:

It shows that the optimizer is fooling people :-)

So, manual calculation shows that the result of the second line is greater than expected. But the optimizer shows that the result of the second line is lower.

And the optimizer's result values are not the same as those calculated manually.

But try to explicitly specify the calculation sequence through parentheses. Will it change the result in this case?

vlad_123:

Can you write to Service Desk with all the details so that it can be reproduced and checked?
Общайтесь с разработчиками через Сервисдеск!
Общайтесь с разработчиками через Сервисдеск!
  • www.mql5.com
Ваше сообщение сразу станет доступно нашим отделам тестирования, технической поддержки и разработчикам торговой платформы.

But still.

I'm interested directly from developers: what is algorithm of my further actions? I have to do something about "MemoryException 180772428 bytes not available" (Log tab) and "out of memory" (Experts tab). Shall I make an application to the SR?

I just tested my code on 23 Dec 2011 Build 565 on old hardware (1GB RAM) - my behaviour is perfect: During the calculation of the drawn indicator the terminal pauses for a few tens of seconds and does not respond, the ticks freeze, then the terminal comes to life and a full rendering of the drawn indicator takes place; In the latest builds - in a couple of instants in the tabs you can already see a report of the above error, the terminal does not freeze in thought, rendering does not occur, unless you manually jump on timeframes (then at such jumps the error in the report may appear again and again, and rendering will be only partial).

Manipulation of physical and virtual memory and "results" are described in previous posts.

I can provide you with uncomplicated code (there is absolutely no way to simplify it now), and if necessary I can attach the versions of .dll, .exe and other files of old MT5 build.

tol64:
Try to explicitly specify the calculation sequence in brackets. Will it change the result in this case?
Rosh:
Can you write to Service Desk with all the details, so that you can reproduce and check?

That's the thing: for the most part, the optimiser counts correctly. Then, crap, and it fails.

To reproduce - I need to optimize a couple of hours on 32 agents.

I've pasted debug output into the Expert Advisor's common file and see, maybe I'll get the chance to look for the conditions of failure.

vlad_123:

That's the thing: for the most part, the optimiser counts correctly. Then, crap, and it's wrong.

To reproduce - I need to optimize a couple of hours on 32 agents.

I've inserted debug output into common file in Expert Advisor - let's see, maybe we'll be able to find out conditions of the bug.

So you send me this EA specifically and give me the conditions to reproduce it.

What is MetaAssist and where can I read about it?

Yedelkin:

What is MetaAssist and where can I read about it?

I see, you've read all the announcements but not the help :) It can be understood to mean anything described in https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/metaeditor/help/development/intelligent_management

Rosh: I see, you've read the announcements, but there's no reference :)
Quite right. Not in the Handbook or both User Guides. Thanks for the link.
Reason: