Errors, bugs, questions - page 58

Funny thing when upgrading terminal releases and registering a trading account

On a new computer Win XP Pro SP3 (only one OS + KIS) installed the terminal, distributing from release 242 if I'm not mistaken.

When I installed it upgraded to release 291. Everything seemed to be OK.

When terminal started, decided to register new trading account, and lo and behold - terminal DOES NOT SEE servers (can't see server)... :(

Well then decided to run a current account there, the clinical picture was exactly the same, but I still don't understand the diagnosis....

PS

There is a request #19163 for this problem(please adequately address the issue)...

Здравствуйте у меня вопрос - OrderCalcMargin() работает только с рыночными ордерами, при попытке вычислить например Sell Stop выдаёт ошибку - 0, а при рыночных всё нормально, хотя в справке написано, что

The order type can take values from the ENUM_ORDER_TYPE enumeration.

So, it turns out that it should work with the pending ones as well.

This depends on the broker's server settings - if the broker charges a margin for pending orders, then the value of the necessary margin will be returned.

Interesting:

Funny thing when upgrading terminal releases and registering a trading account

On a new computer Win XP Pro SP3 (only one OS + KIS) installed the terminal, distributing from release 242 if I'm not mistaken.

When I installed it upgraded to release 291. Everything seemed to be OK.

When terminal started, decided to register new trading account, and lo and behold - terminal DOES NOT SEE servers (can't see them)... :(

When upgrading from such an old build during active development phase, you have to take into account that configs were changed many times. That's why the MetaTrader 5 client terminal does not see the list of servers after the upgrade for 50 builds.

To solve this, enter access.metatrader5.com:443 into server settings and try to allocate a new account.

The best way is to use the current distribution at the link: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe

kirill190982:
Hello I have a question - OrderCalcMargin() only works with market orders, when trying to calculate e.g. Sell Stop it gives an error - 0

With BUY/SELL market orders, the function shows the expected value of margin coverage.

For pending orders it returns zero, because no margin for pending orders is specified in the symbol settings. But if the broker decides to take a margin for pending orders, the OrderCalcMargin() function will start giving a non-zero value.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

With BUY/SELL market orders, the function shows the expected value of margin coverage.

For pending orders it returns zero, because no margin for pending orders is specified in the symbol settings. But if a broker decides to take a margin for pending orders, OrderCalcMargin() function will start giving a non-zero value.

Thanks - so we will have to introduce a condition that checks broker's margin policy

Renat:

When upgrading from such an old build during the active development phase, one has to take into account that the configs have changed many times. That's why MetaTrader 5 client terminal doesn't see the list of servers after you upgrade to 50 builds.

To solve this, enter access.metatrader5.com:443 into server settings and try to allocate a new account.

The best way is to use the current distribution at the link: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe

So I'm probably not stupid enough not to do this on your server. But tell me how will those who say downloaded an old build from the Alpari site, installed it and couldn't start testing feel?

Should they test the terminal on your servers or painfully look for server addresses of those brokerage companies from which they have downloaded the terminal?

Interesting:

So I'm probably not stupid enough not to do it on your server. But tell me how will those who, say, downloaded an old build from the Alpari website, installed it and could not start testing feel?

Should we test the terminal on your servers or painfully search for the server addresses of those brokerage companies from whose sites they downloaded the terminal?

Fortunately the problem of old configs has been left behind. 50 builds ago is a very long time and we have allowed ourselves to change formats a few times.

For the brokers we provided not only a distributed distribution delivery network, but also a centralized storage of all distributions on files.metaquotes.net - this fundamentally solves the problem of timely updates of hundreds of copies of distributions for different companies.

In any case, my apologies for this unpleasantness - I'm sure it won't happen again.

In addition, we will now apply an even more advanced method of automatically and securely locating broker trading servers when connections to known access points fail. This will fundamentally solve the problem of publishing lists of working access points.

kirill190982:
Thank you - so we will have to introduce a condition that checks brokers' margin policy
Just in case: forex brokers are unlikely to charge margin for pending orders.

Speaking of birds, the Orode developers were about to add information about the maximum number of orders and positions for an account (at least that was stated in the response to application #15802)
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / OrdersTotal
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / OrdersTotal
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые функции / OrdersTotal - Документация по MQL5

Guys, what's wrong with the cursor? Definitely - F7 is out...

Instead of hosanna, it's just words...

and the hotkeys - please - return... it's not hard... it's a habit - it's been drawn for years...

Reason: