Errors, bugs, questions - page 309

Interesting:
I see, that's about what I thought. Let's hope they don't change often/not at all.
Swaps are changed often enough, but each company does it differently.

Rosh:
Swaps are changed often enough, but each company does it in its own way.

Why not store them in the same way as the spreads? Utopian of course, but then the tester would know exactly when and what has been changed.

But in this case the quotes will be bound to a certain brokerage company, and that is not good. So we test using the latest...

So tell me the address of a server where the history of the spread is stored for more than 1 year,

I haven't found it yet. Maybe I didn't look hard enough :-)

Im_hungry:

So tell me the address of a server where the history of the spread is stored for more than 1 year,

I haven't found it yet. Maybe I didn't look hard enough :-)

And the history is all tucked away?

Interesting:

Why not store them in the same way as the spreads? Utopian, of course, but then the tester would know exactly when and what was changed.

But then the quotes would have to be bound to a particular brokerage company, which is not good. So we test it with the latest ones.

:) You what! ? In my opinion this is not realistic at all, although of course it is extremely important for testing. Swaps are actually calculated in a very complicated way and depending on what interest rates the Central Bank gives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forex_swap

Foreign exchange swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Foreign exchange swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
Foreign exchange Exchange rates Markets Assets Historical agreements See also In finance, a foreign exchange swap, forex swap, or FX swap is a simultaneous purchase and sale of identical amounts of one currency for another with two different value dates (normally spot to forward).1 see Foreign exchange derivative. Foreign...

Academic:

:) You what! ? This in my opinion is not realistic at all, although of course extremely important for testing. Swaps are actually very complicated to calculate and depend on what interest rates the Central Bank gives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forex_swap

Yes I'm on the subject of them depending on interest rates. I'm already taking the initiative (with a sign of raving madness) .... :)

The tester should also be as close to real trading as possible.

Im_hungry:

So tell me the address of the server where the spread history is stored for more than 1 year,

I haven't found it yet. Maybe I searched badly :-)

You probably do not take enough bars for analysis, I would say very little.

I changed a little the script in the example of CopyRates, you can experiment and change it for your own needs (insert checks and output into a file, maybe something else)...

PS

To developers, CopyRates seems to behave strangely with large volumes of information. Shall I write an application or what?

I could more or less normally use only this variant (with the last one, on two dates and all questions...

intCopyRates(
stringsymbol_name,// symbol name
ENUM_TIMEFRAMEStimeframe,// period
intstart_pos,//where to start
intcount,// how many we copy
MqlRatesrates_array[]// array where the data will be copied
);

Files:

Interesting:

Yes I'm on the subject of them depending on interest rates. That's me being proactive (with a sign of raving madness) .... :)

The tester should be as close to real trading as possible.

By the way, this sub-topic overlaps with the "what is the economic calendar" theme. Remember? The idea is to have such a calendar with precisely the moments of interest rate cuts by the Central Bank, as well as holidays and signs of course, and with the moments of speeches by Bernanke, as has been rightly noted at the time. But who is going to do all this work? By entering this story about the past. Here it is necessary to put more than a dozen girls to pound the data. So, IMHO - all this is VERY important, but alas, the user can never do it himself, and neither DC nor MT will agree to such costs. Because such data already costs quite a bit. And no one will just put them out. But on the other hand all these "news" providers and even rating agencies already have them, maybe there should be some possibility for brokerage companies to retransmit them to their users. But it is not clear how the same agencies will earn without user personalisation. And therefore - either MTs will have to install and sell all this themselves along with the DC server ... or ... or no way.

Academic:
Here's a sub-topic that overlaps with what the economic calendar is. Remember? The idea is to have such a calendar with exactly the moments of interest rate cuts by the Central Bank, as well as holidays and signs of course and the moments of speeches by Bernanke, as rightly pointed out at the time. But who is going to do all this work? By entering this story about the past. Here it is necessary to put more than a dozen girls to pound the data. So, IMHO - all this is VERY important, but alas, the user can never do it himself, and neither DC nor MT will agree to such costs. Because such data already costs quite a bit. And no one will just put them out. But on the other hand all these "news" providers and even rating agencies already have them, maybe there should be some possibility for brokerage companies to retransmit them to their users. But it is not clear how the same agencies will earn without user personalisation. And therefore - either MTs will have to install and sell all this themselves along with the DC server ... or ... Or no way.
This is a separate topic, let them just make the calendar of economic events up to date. Then we'll think/demand and bang our heads against the walls looking for implementation of the rest...

Interesting:

You probably don't take enough bars to analyse, I'd say not enough at all.

PS

For developers, CopyRates seems to behave strangely with large volumes of information. Do I have to write an application or what?

I could more or less normally use only this variant (with the last one, on two dates and all questions...

intCopyRates(
stringsymbol_name,// symbol name
ENUM_TIMEFRAMEStimeframe,// period
intstart_pos,//where to start
intcount,// how many we copy
MqlRatesrates_array[]// array where the data will be copied
);

What is the question?
Reason: