Errors, bugs, questions - page 300

Yedelkin:
So, try to work with a short indicator name, inserting its parameter names and / or parameter values when initialization is required.

1. That was not the point.

Let's take, say, a certain set of indicators, some of them may be present on the chart and some may not.

At the same time, a user can specify his or her own parameters in the parameters for these indices.

2. The goal is complex (realization of a complex trading system).

We take several charts, on which a user uses templates to set indicators and associated design.

We obtain the indicators on a certain chart from the Expert Advisor, knots their handles (at least) and parameters.

After that, knowing the indicator handle, we work with it in the Expert Advisor as with a standard indicator (ie, we can access the buffers of each indicator, etc.).

This approach allows the Expert Advisor and the trader to control one set of indicators (which is very useful because visualization is very useful here), and at the same time, the Expert Advisor gains some flexibility.

It is also important that the Expert Advisor does not need to specify unnecessary parameters for the indicators (so that the trader can configure them). In this case, the trader only needs to configure and save the template/s some templates.

PS

I have encountered similar ideas on forums, there it was recommended to solve the issue through GLOBAL VARIABLE (which is not very convenient and effective).

At least we don't need a function allowing to get the handle of an indicator on a chart, say ChartIndicatorID (with the same parameters as for ChartIndicatorName).

And if you add ChartIndicatorSetXXX and ChartIndicatorGetXXX...

Interesting:

1. That was not the point.

Let's take, say, a certain set of indicators, some of them may be present on the chart and some may not.

At the same time, a user can specify his or her own parameters in the parameters for these indices.

2. The goal is complex (realization of a complex trading system).

We take several charts, on which a user uses templates to set indicators and associated design.

We obtain the indicators on a certain chart from the Expert Advisor, knots their handles (at least) and parameters.

After that, knowing the indicator handle, we will work with it in the Expert Advisor as with a standard indicator (ie, we can access the buffers of each indicator, etc.).

This approach allows the Expert Advisor and the trader to control one set of indicators (which is very useful because visualization is very useful here), and at the same time, the Expert Advisor gains some flexibility.

It is also important that the Expert Advisor does not need to specify unnecessary parameters for the indicators (so that the trader can configure them). In this case, the trader only needs to configure and save the template/s some templates.

PS

I have encountered similar ideas on forums, there it was recommended to solve the issue through GLOBAL VARIABLE (which is not very convenient and effective).

At least we don't need a function allowing to get the handle of an indicator on a chart, say ChartIndicatorID (with the same parameters as for ChartIndicatorName).

And if we add ChartIndicatorSetXXX and ChartIndicatorGetXXX...

I support this proposal!

Interesting:

At least, there is no function allowing to get the handle of an indicator on a chart, e.g. ChartIndicatorID (with the same parameters as for ChartIndicatorName).

And if we add ChartIndicatorSetXXX and ChartIndicatorGetXXX...

This is also true for me. Seconded by.

Lizar:
This is also relevant to me. I support it.
If all are in favour, then let the initiator write to ServiceDesk.

-Alexey-:
If all are in favour, then let the initiator write a ServiceDesk.

There is no problem to write there, just there are some pitfalls (mainly related to initialization of indicators and the mechanism of getting "handles"/identifiers by indicators which the user has thrown on the chart).

I think, you may create a separate branch on this issue. And based on the results of the discussion and make decisions about the Service Desk.

That is why I put it in the general discussion (although I was too lazy to create a branch right away).

Interesting:
It's easier in my opinion to split the calculation into two indices, although it depends.
But what to do if the calculations are very heavy. the computer is fuming. running the same calculation twice. (( not good. Such a proposal (to specify the buffer in which window to output it) was as a suggestion to the 5 or something like that. i thought that with the help of this trick is possible.

Trolls:
You can. But what to do if the calculations are very heavy. the computer is fuming. running the same calculation twice is not good. (( not good. Such a proposal (tell the buffer in which window to output it) was as a suggestion to the 5-th or something like that.
Most likely the logic of the indicator can be improved or limited to certain limits. At least in 70% of cases you can.

Is it possible to return the display of balance/funds on each trade in the tester?

The current version is very inconvenient when debugging and writing an EA.

Jager:

Is it possible to return the display of balance/funds on each trade in the tester?

The current version is very inconvenient when debugging and writing an EA.

+1

mql5:
Thanks for the post, fixed.

Tell me, on what principle is the decision to release a new build made?

I found a bug that prevents me from developing, reported it in a comprehensible way and very much hoped for your promptness in releasing a new build. But it's been several days, and there is no new build.

With this kind of approach from your side I have no desire to report bugs and thus improve your platform. Much easier to find a workaround than to wait for a new build while a bug in the platform remains.

When I worked at a software house, there was a rule: as soon as a bug was detected by an external developer or user, a new build was built immediately, so the latter would not be discouraged from improving the quality of the product.

I think you should think about the company's policy in this matter.

Reason: