Errors, bugs, questions - page 2070

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

what does this have to do with deposit currencies?

TickValue depends on lot size and deposit currency. Search for it.

fxsaber:

TickValue depends on lot size and deposit currency. Search for it.

What is this nonsense? If you don't know - don't write!

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

Minimum step of security price change in points MarketInfo( Symbol(),MODE_TICKSIZE) = 0.001 (gbpjpy)

and the minimal step of changing of the symbol price in the deposit currency MarketInfo( Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE) = 52 rubles (ruble account).

Obviously, 0.001 cannot be worth 52 rubles!

It has to be 5,2 p.

Where does the multiplication by 10 take place?

MODE_LOTSIZE what?

Kirill Belousov:
MODE_LOTSIZE what?

and I don't think it changes....

CTRL+B in MT5 sometimes stops working. This can only be fixed by restarting the terminal.

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

and I don't think it changes....

What do these values equal?

MarketInfo(Bond_Name,MODE_MARGININIT)

MarketInfo(Bond_Name,MODE_MARGINREQUIRED)

Kirill Belousov:

What do these values equal?

MarketInfo(Bond_Name,MODE_MARGININIT)

MarketInfo(Bond_Name,MODE_MARGINREQUIRED)

и

I see that the margin is inflated by exactly 10 times. I don't understand why! The account has a leverage of 500. Re-registered. Two ways. Same result.

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

и

I see that the margin is inflated exactly 10 times. I do not understand why! The account has a leverage of 500. Re-registered. Two ways. Same result.

I don't understand why you think there is a difference of 10 times. It seems to be fine.

1 tick is a price change, at which the value of 1 lot (100,000 GBP) of an instrument changes by 1 unit of the base currency (GBP).

To calculate the value of 1 pip (0.01), we need to convert both currencies GBPUSD and USDJPY to USD, and then convert USD to ruble.

Just because quoting accuracy is 0.001 does not mean that the value of a tick will also split. We need a variation of the contract price by 1 unit of the base currency. At the current price, the value of each tick (price delta, expressed in cash) changes.

As for margin. Your margin (margin for opening a 1 lot position ):

100,000 GBP (1 Lot) / 500 leverage = 200 GBP

200 GBP * 1.32357 (GBPUSD exchange rate) = 264.174 USD

15713.24 RUB / 59.32 (exchange rate USDRUB) = 264.889 USD

Taking into account, that I took exchange rates at the moment of writing this post, and you took 15713.24 RUB a little bit earlier (RUB was cheaper), then everything seems to converge

Kirill Belousov:

Just because the quotation accuracy is 0.001 does not mean that the value of the tick will also be fractional. We need a contract price change of 1 unit of the base currency. At the current price, the value of each tick (price delta, expressed in cash) changes.

If so, it is extremely illogical! Obviously, a tick is the minimum accuracy of a quote! The question remains open.

And it is easier with the margin, if it is per 1 lot then all correct = 15000 with tails.

Is it true that this OnCalculate

int OnCalculate( const int rates_total, const int prev_calculated, const int, const double &[] );

is called faster than the standard one, as there are fewer timeseries to prepare?

Reason: