Errors, bugs, questions - page 1790

Artyom Trishkin:
And when an order is already placed, something is returned?
ORDER_STATE_PLACED.

Well, it has already been described:

Identifier

Description

ORDER_STATE_STARTED

Order checked for validity, but not yet accepted by broker

ORDER_STATE_PLACED

Order_state_placed

You send a trade request (OrderSend) - its correctness is checked and if it is OK, the return is true. I.e., this is a response about correctness of trade request. The server has not yet received this request.

Further, when the request is accepted by the server, the response will be returned: ORDER_STATE_PLACED - order is set.

I cannot be sure, but that is how it logically works. I do not know any pitfalls.

Artyom Trishkin:
Well it is already described:

Identifier

Description

ORDER_STATE_STARTED

Order checked for validity, but not yet accepted by broker

ORDER_STATE_PLACED

Order_state_placed

Send trade request (OrderSend) - its correctness is checked and if OK, it returns true. I.e. it is a response that the trade request is correct. The server has not yet received this request.

Further, when the request is accepted by the server, the response will be returned: ORDER_STATE_PLACED - order is set.

I cannot be sure, but that is how it logically works. I do not know what to avoid.
You have described the logic of working with OrderSendAsync, not OrderSend. After the current OrderSend, you will want to delete the order, and it is very likely that you won't be able to do so, since Started orders are not deleted.

Artyom Trishkin:
You send a trade request (OrderSend) - its correctness is checked and, if OK, it returns true. I.e., this is a response that the trade request is correct. The server has not yet received this request.
Then how is OrderSend different from OrderSendAsync (apart from the name) ?

A100:
Then how is OrderSend different from OrderSendAsync (apart from the name) ?
I wrote above - just my idea of the logic. Affects a long work in 4. Therefore - hardly an answer to this question ;)

Artyom Trishkin:
I wrote above - just my idea of logic. I've been working in 4 for a long time. Therefore, I am unlikely to answer this question ;)

Look at paragraph 7 here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/23/page19#comment_2632240

Список изменений в билдах MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal
Список изменений в билдах MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal
  • www.mql5.com
Автоматическое обновление доступно через систему LiveUpdate:.

A100:

Look here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/23/page19#comment_2632240

The explanation to the described case may be that the server on the old build

Old build has nothing to do in this case

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2016.07.14 15:30

1. MQL5: Changed behavior of the OrderSend function when placing, modifying and withdrawing orders. The behavior is changed only when placing orders to external trading systems. Previously, the OrderSend function control was returned after the successful placing (processing) of an order on the broker's server. Now the control is returned only after the broker's server receives a notification from the external trading system that the order has been successfully placed there.

Below is a schematic representation of the previous (red arrow) and current behaviour of the function:

Since even with Before (in the schematic) OrderSend should have only been returned when Placed. Especially since the cases occur on different demo servers where there is no external system.

fxsaber:
The old build has nothing to do with it.
Yeah, I deleted that phrase.

The forum does not work with the @calling of the interlocutor.

Good afternoon everyone!

For my EA to work in a crash recovery block, I need to know how many commissions, swaps and charges were made in the last period. How can I get this information programmatically?

Reason: