Errors, bugs, questions - page 1728

fxsaber:
ObjectDelete does not work if object properties are open (via CTRL+B). Is this a bug?
Not only doesn't it remove when properties window is open, but also when holding or moving object with a rat. This is unlikely to be a bug. This is normal object behavior in Windows.

fxsaber:
ObjectDelete does not work if object properties are open (via CTRL+B). Is it a bug?
If the object is dragged too. Seems fine to me.

Did some research on fat "wide-character" mq5 files in my own place. It got very funny, gentlemen.

The only character outside of ASCII is the copyright symbol in the header. You're forcing to go back to the Stone Age: (c).

The intentions of MQ are good, of course, but the result is the opposite.

Decent editors and IDEs have the ability to choose an encoding. Why not do exactly that?

fxsaber:
The ability to highlight row(s) in the ribbon is lacking. I can look at it, but I can't highlight it.
Is it possible to add this to 1455?

Error during compilation:

template<typename T>
void f1( const T*& a[] ) {}
class A {};
void f2( const A*& a[] ) {}
class B {
        void g1() const { f1( a ); } //error: 'f1' - cannot to apply function template
        void g2() const { f2( a ); } //нормально
        A *a[];
};
Appeared in build 1447

Комбинатор:
If the subject is pulling too. Seems fine to me.
If I move the object with the mouse, it is still deleted as it moves.

Stanislav Korotky:

I would of course do this "optimisation" through an option. But MQ always think they know how to work best for others.

I agree about the option. You can enter the appropriate parameter in the metaeditor.ini file, and it will be on by default. And who is stressed, just turn it off and that's it.

In fact, this whole Unicode problem is only relevant to those who share their source code (in kodobaza or freelance), and this is a minuscule percentage of the total number of coders!All the rest either codify purely for themselves or share with friends who in 99% of cases use the same locale as you do. So the opinion of the majority is also good to consider.

Some may say that the source code weighs twice as much, the volume is not essential. But still it is an extra load on the disk system which is known to be the slowest link on a PC. I suppose not everyone has moved to SSD yet.

fxsaber:
If I move an object with the mouse, it still gets deleted as I move it.
How do you delete and drag? I used this feature back in the old 4ka to identify the start and end DND event.

Комбинатор:
How do you delete and drag?

I create OBJ_CHART, and drag it around the top-left corner of the chart with my mouse. While dragging, ObjectDelete is called with successful result. MT5.

Alexey Navoykov:

Some might say that the source files weigh twice as much, it's not that big of a deal.

Exactly. I read all these claims and fail to understand where the problem lies. Are you going to store these files on a floppy disk?

But it puts extra load on disk system which is known to be the slowest link of a PC. I suppose not everybody has switched to SSD yet.

Does it wear out your disk when you save a 100K file instead of a 50K one? (Isn't that funny to you? )

Reason: