Metatrader known bugs ... - page 111

Some non-ASCII characters in your user profile name may result in MT4 installation fail.

The installation process creates an additional user profile folder (C:\Users\) where some non-ASCII characters are exchanged for ASCII base characters. The very first MT4 start takes very long time (minutes), and the log tab reads copy errors. Your Navigator tab is empty, and the entire MT4 installation is crippled.

A solution with /portable switch fixes it partially - you must install it outside the Program files, and your Common path will point to the non-user folder.

apprentice coder:
Isn't that a fixed size?

The solution / command sequence is now in post 1095.

Big Be:

OK. Thanks

Big Be:

So it was not a bug after all?

checkin:
So it was not a bug after all?

No, it's a bug.

Big Be:
No, it's a bug.

I don't understand

If the solution is at post 1095, then why is it a bug?

checkin,

The solution is a workaround, to make my program work. The original problem in MetaTrader still exists.

It's sort of like using duct tape to keep your car's headlight or gas cap in place.

Big Be

Big Be:
checkin,

The solution is a workaround, to make my program work. The original problem in MetaTrader still exists.

It's sort of like using duct tape to keep your car's headlight or gas cap in place.

Big Be

I still do not understand, but does not matter

If some code works, than it is not a workaround but a coding solution, but that is probably just my opinion

I tested many indicators, so that the list ends with L. How many indicators does mt4 show?

Is there a way to see more without deleting others?

It's hard to understand why some indicators are shown and some not in the mt4 list, abc ist not the only reason.

Better to use new folders, but name the folder without ".". I have 20 in there, but mt4 shows only few. Has someone a link to a documentation of what mt4 shows in indicators and experts lists? Who shall know it, when not on a metaquotes board.

bingofx:
When I try to switch server with less ping, MT4 automatically changes it to the "default" server.  Could anybody please explain why it happens?
Is that server with less ping active as server at all?
Reason: